Got the machine!

GaryEMS

Came in UPS last night and was here when I got off work. Read the book 3-4 times and put it together. By then the sun was down so I tried today in my back yard. Im in a newer neighborhood so I dont think there is any historical value to my homesite. Scanned about 1/2 of the yard and couldnt get a repeatable signal. Still learning how to read tones and the tones I got to repeat one way, were not repeatable when I change direction 90 degrees. Still learning. Did find a penny my daughters boyfriend threw back there last night so it does work

I clicked on Gary's name and read his previous posts, and it seems he had ordered an f2.

There are plenty of people that use that detector, so you should be able to get all your questions answered on this forum if you have problems, Gary. Good luck.

I just got my F2 a few months ago and I love it. Keep tinkering with it and clicking buttons and everything will come together quickly lol.

Sorry was spending time with the wife. Yes its a F2. Already pulled 4 plugs out of my back yard trying to learn it. Ended up discriminating iron out. We had a addition put on our house and i am sure there are nails all over the place. Couldnt get a repeatable tone except for the penny. Possibly nothing in the backyard to find

Possibly nothing in the backyard to find

This may or may not be true.
Plenty have the same experience at first, but very different results when they cover the same area after gaining some skills.
What you know now is not what you will know in the future.

There is a natural progression in this hobby we all go through, as you swing and dig you learn...as you learn you get better.
I have changed the way I hunted from the beginning slightly as each small lesson was learned, and there were a few major life lessons that changed me completely and really opened my eyes along the way, too.
That is one of the great things about this hobby, as you become more skilled you find more at each site you visit, even sites you have hunted in the past can come alive when your skill set grows.
Learning these new skills one by one is also a huge amount of fun, it always has been for me, anyway.
Keep revisiting that yard from time to time, there could be more there than you realize at this point.

The best way to learn the machine is to make a coin garden.
Take some of the coins from your pocket and if you have some, silver coins and bury them in the yard. Mark the spot (of course) and see how the machine reacts to each one. I did this with my BH TKIV when I first got interested and again when I got my F2.

I put each coin in a small plastic bag and marked each one with a plastic milk bottle top with what was buried under it so I could hear and see the differences as I made adjustments to the Discrimination and the Notch. I even kept notes as to those differences. I also buried some on edge rather than flat to see if it changed the indication on the machine (it did).

Not giving up in any sense of the word. Actually going to a place next weekend with CaliGirl to a spot we found out about. Hopefully can post some finds

Gary, DISC out IRON, and dig the rest.

Leaving it wide open on the F2 will cause it to be erratic and finding a solid signal will be hard to do... at first.

PM Me your number, I'll call you and help you out if you want to. :)

Gary, DISC out IRON, and dig the rest.

Leaving it wide open on the F2 will cause it to be erratic and finding a solid signal will be hard to do... at first.

PM Me your number, I'll call you and help you out if you want to. :)

nectar i dont care what they say about you, your a standup guy:p

the f2 is a great machine that was my first "real detector" it will find the goods and then some. i think some guy named digger twenty something knows a few things about your machine

Back
Top Bottom