Upgrade to F2 or save for F4

Digg'n

I have the BH Tracker IV now and I'm wanting a machine that has a target id on it. Should I go with the F2 and get the 11" DD coil or save up and get the F4? Just curious on how much better the F2 is than the BH? Thanks

I would save and get an F4. You'll probably be happy with an F2 but the extra depth and better discrim, TID, and larger coil on the F4 would be more of an upgrade. Your Bounty Hunter will do fine until you get the F4. I was really impressed with the F4. If you can save quickly, then get a F5, my personal favorite in the Fisher line.

I have an F5 with the 11" DD coil and it's ok. I'm not that impressed with it. Lots of "ghost" signals and it's a pull tab magnet. I've hit on signals and dug and dug till I got tired of digging and just left that "signal". I've actually thought about selling it and getting something else. I could be wrong, maybe all md's do that. Definitely do your research and see what seems to be the most talked about in terms of reliability and productivity.

If you have a detector that works just fine now then I would stick with the one you have and save for the mid level. No big reason to go from a entry level detector to another entry level detector, you would be better off saving and getting the F4 with ground balance or maybe save up a bit more for a used Teknetics T2 if your a First Texas person.

HH,
GetDiggin

Back
Top Bottom