Simplex update 2.78

Nubster

Some/most probably already know...in case you don't, new update. 2.78.

All it does is keeps all the updates from 2.76 and 2.77 but reverts the VDI back to 2.68.

Reason I guess is because at the new deeper depths that the Simplex is reaching with the 2.76/77 update, VDI numbers can be jumpy. So now you get the same depth of detection but the VDI numbers lose some depth so on deep targets you'll only get tone. No VDI. I guess it's supposed to stabilize the jumpiness of the VDI numbers.

I downloaded it and am trying it out in my yard. If you aren't having issues with VDI numbers with the 2.77 update, Nokta says don't update to 2.78 because there's no benefit.

Some/most probably already know...in case you don't, new update. 2.78.

All it does is keeps all the updates from 2.76 and 2.77 but reverts the VDI back to 2.68.

Reason I guess is because at the new deeper depths that the Simplex is reaching with the 2.76/77 update, VDI numbers can be jumpy. So now you get the same depth of detection but the VDI numbers lose some depth so on deep targets you'll only get tone. No VDI. I guess it's supposed to stabilize the jumpiness of the VDI numbers.

I downloaded it and am trying it out in my yard. If you aren't having issues with VDI numbers with the 2.77 update, Nokta says don't update to 2.78 because there's no benefit.

Thanks for posting this. I registered mine tonight and did the update. I was running 2.76.

Instead of doing the update, use the old Park mode, now mode 2. No need to do 2.78 to dumb down the detector, which is for those who complained the ID's are too jumpy at deeper depths. Second alternative turn down the Gain/Sensitivity for you lead foot drivers.

Instead of doing the update, use the old Park mode, now mode 2. No need to do 2.78 to dumb down the detector, which is for those who complained the ID's are too jumpy at deeper depths. Second alternative turn down the Gain/Sensitivity for you lead foot drivers.
I really wanted the Mute feature from 2.77. I'm taking it out this weekend to a site I have hunted prior with my Bounty hunter so we'll see how it does. I know for a fact the Simplex is deeper than the BH so it will be interesting to see what happens. Assuming the Simplex can be pushed back to 2.77 if needed since you can download the files independently?

I really wanted the Mute feature from 2.77. I'm taking it out this weekend to a site I have hunted prior with my Bounty hunter so we'll see how it does. I know for a fact the Simplex is deeper than the BH so it will be interesting to see what happens. Assuming the Simplex can be pushed back to 2.77 if needed since you can download the files independently?

You can keep all Nokta Makro update files on your computer, and then choose which one to install using their update tool.

I've done it on my Impact for testing.

Not really the same thing though. Turn it down too much just to stabilize the numbers and you lose performance. I'd rather keep the performance and lose the numbers since really I should probably not be relying on numbers anyways and unless it's like single digit low...I dig most stuff regardless. But the numbers are still nice to have at least for a new detectorist (like me) to help kinda confirm the tone I suppose I do run mine with sensitivity dialed back a notch or two most of the time but I still get really jumpy numbers, not just on deep targets either. The 2.78 seems to help but I haven't given it a really good test run yet.

There's no harm in trying the 2.78 since the 2.77 is still available. You can always revert back if 2.78 isn't to your liking.

Mute is awesome. I don't use it a lot but it's really handy when needed. And yes, you should be able to revert back. Just keep all the updates in a folder and you should be able to download them as you please.

Is it possible to revert back to an older software version? I'm happy with 2.77 but I heard some people wanted to revert back to previous versions but weren't able to do it. Has anyone here successfully reverted back to an older software version?

Mute is awesome. I don't use it a lot but it's really handy when needed. And yes, you should be able to revert back. Just keep all the updates in a folder and you should be able to download them as you please.

As others have stated, the Simplex and the Garrett pinpointers do not play nice together. I have found sitting it on the ground away from where I am digging keeps the chatter to a minimum. I have been hunting yards as of late with no headphones, but when I go back to the park it will be another story and the mute function will be welcomed.

That's all I do as well...just put the detector down so the coil is further from the pinpointer and it kills the chatter most of the time. I use a Garrett pinpointer.

So if anyone is curious. I took mine out into the yard this afternoon and it sounded like Chatty Cathy on 2.78, not sure why. I brought it back in and downgraded to 2.77. You'll get a warning that you are going back a revision but it works just fine and I confirmed it on my machine. Going back out to test it again.

Yeah...I'm finding mine to be quite noisy too. I think I'm going to go back to 2.77 as well and deal with the jumpy numbers. I should be digging tones and not numbers anyways.

Simplex and the nokta pointer go absolutely insane together . The mute function saves my ears

Simplex and the nokta pointer go absolutely insane together . The mute function saves my ears

Not sure what pinpointer you have,but I have the Makro/Nokta pulse dive and it’s paired up to the headphones on my simplex. When I turn on the pinpointer the machine automatically goes silent and all I hear is the pinpointer thru the headphones. When I shut the pinpointer off then the machine comes back through the headphones.
I also have the latest update on the simplex and mines not noisy or chatty,even at full gain.

Attachments

• 7180EDD6-FA2A-43D2-9D84-C3F3988162DF.jpg
    7180EDD6-FA2A-43D2-9D84-C3F3988162DF.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,789
Not sure what pinpointer you have,but I have the Makro/Nokta pulse dive and it’s paired up to the headphones on my simplex. When I turn on the pinpointer the machine automatically goes silent and all I hear is the pinpointer thru the headphones. When I shut the pinpointer off then the machine comes back through the headphones.
I also have the latest update on the simplex and mines not noisy or chatty,even at full gain.

How do you like their pinpointer? I’ve seen several discussions here about pinpointers but I don’t think I’ve see anything about that one.

How do you like their pinpointer? I’ve seen several discussions here about pinpointers but I don’t think I’ve see anything about that one.

One of the best I've ever used, and the fact that it goes thru the headphones is nice. very well built, waterproof and rechargeable. Can't ask for more

One of the best I've ever used, and the fact that it goes thru the headphones is nice. very well built, waterproof and rechargeable. Can't ask for more

Thanks! I have a Garrett now which is awesome but at some point I’m going to pick up a backup and I’ll definitely check this one out. The compatibility with the machine/headphones would be great too.

Back
Top Bottom