Apex Reveal thoughts

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Garrett is back into the game!

1st it was a good way to reveal a new detector with everyone!

No threat to the Equinxox technically EXCEPT it will get tons of new detectorists into the Garrett family and they will likely be loyal to garret. By the time they need to upgrade from the Apex Garrett will have a competitor to the Equinox line.

It is a direct threat to the Vanquish and Simplex+.

Garrett has proved (to me at least) it is not conceding it's sport division.

plus he revealed that there have been more than 1,000,000 Ace detectors sold.

as a side note, their factory is back to 100% in Texas and they secured the Apex parts in advance of the virus striking America.

Will they add these improvements to the AT Pro line to extend it? I am pretty sure they will. Too many AT Pro users out there. You will have a waterproof Apex on the AT Pro line with re-chargable batteries and lighter.

The design is cool more like the Equinox control panel and I am sure the Viper coil will be a great hit.

rechargable battery, true ground balance, lighter than Vanquish.

price: $425 - $499 w/o wireless headphones
add $80 for wireless earphones.

Yes, Garrett is back into the game (did they ever leave?)

Existing Ace users will flock to the Apex, newbies will buy the Apex and stay with Garrett for years.

https://www.facebook.com/Garrettmetaldetectorsusa/

Last edited:
I like it! I’m glad it’s black with a nice yellow trim. Lol!
Works at a salt water beach. With iron audio and 5 tones. Price is a little high but at 425. It looks worth it. Good luck Garrett!

You can hunt salt water beaches, just don't get it wet. I'm really disappointed it's not water proof. That was the deciding factor for me choosing the pro. I think they will lose a lot of first time buyers to the Simplex.

I like the adjustable volume and the quieting down of iron. 5 tones sounds cool.

Price it at $300 and you would have a Real Winner

It appears that it has some nice features. Multi-frequencies, iron audio, built in rechargeable lithium battery, 5 tones, multi-salt settings, fast recovery speeds.

However, not fully water proof is a big turn off.
Also, lack of firmware/software upgrades is also a negative.
Price is another negative too.

I think they would have had a real winner if priced at $300.

Also, I believe they should have gone with Bluetooth low latency to accommodate any Bluetooth headphones.

Not really liking the looks of the detector either.

:detector:

Was very interesting to watch. Seems like there was a lot of thought put into the technology and operation. Was really hoping to see it be waterproof. Only other thing I couldn’t tell and if they showed it was the operation of the shaft. It did not look like the cuff side was adjustable at all and it looked like the main shaft had spring pins or something in it similar to my Bounty Hunter? I really like the idea of being able to compact it down a bit more for travel. Was really impressed with that ability of the Vanquish and Simplex. I do like the coil size and shape. Seems like a nice trade off.

I thought it looked really good,I’d buy when theyre released . I already have a zlink setup so I can use whatever headphones I want.. I think they did a good job without trying one..

Other than waterproof it has more features than the AT series. It also has more features than the Vanquish and Simplex. Not having to buy multiple coils is a big plus. Not having to change coils is a bigger plus. I know some will lament the fact it isn't upgradeable via their computer but, how many times can you upgrade a detector ?

My MMK has been upgraded once. How many upgrades has the Simplex had ? I would trade my MMK with 2 coils and two lower rods right now for the Apex. It's cheaper than an ATP. It's lighter than both the Nox and Simplex.

Looks like a really nice entry to mid level detector.. But honestly? I was hoping for a flagship machine with all the bells and whistles.

Seems like everyone is releasing detectors in the lower price range lately, which is a good thing I guess.. Call me crazy but I want to see a brand new flagship unit thats flat out loaded with features, super light weight (carbon fiber?), completely waterproof, trigger pinpoint, collapsible to be very compact, and has some kind of brand new tech on board. I don't mind paying for it either. Yeah yeah, I know.. Thats not where the big sales are at these days.

I'm a newbie and just bought an ACE 400. I knew Garrett was getting ready to release a new detector when I bought it. I think the Apex looks pretty awesome. That said I don't regret buying my ACE 400 as I got a really good package price with the Carrot Pinpointer and some other accessories as well as supported a local Mom and Pop store for well under $400. That and according to Kellyco, the Apex will be shipping for August delivery. I can't wait that long :D.

You wont find anything factually wrong with the Garrett Ace line so the Apex should improve an already proven detector. A person starting out then can buy a NEW latest and greatest for under 500 bucks.

Garrett didn't fall off the can slaw truck yesterday and looks to me like they're addressing a specific market with a good product.

Plus I'm old fashioned enough to be proud of AMERICAN products made by an AMERICAN company located in Texafornia, the state everyone's wanting to move to.

Back
Top Bottom