• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Excal repair help.

3.14R8

Elite Member
The end of my excalibur shaft came loose and fell out, the part that holds the coil on. Just wanted to know what glue would be best to fix it. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

The black plastic part that slides in to the shaft? Any two part epoxy will work and i have heard gorilla glue works also.

The black plastic part that slides in to the shaft? Any two part epoxy will work and i have heard gorilla glue works also.
Agreed on the 2 part epoxy. I would go with JB Weld after seeing it in Youtube comparison videos done by a guy called "Project Farm". He does a lot of comparisons - oils, duct tapes, etc. Compares them in a scientific manner as possible.

I used Gorilla Glue to plug a hole with piece of plastic on a an outdoor garbage can. I just noticed this week the plastic piece came off. I wouldn't trust it for any type of outdoor/water usage.

I would use a marine epoxy. It is rated to withstand prolonged moisture unlike other 2 part epoxies. I like the loctite brand, it’s white.

Thanks Zee, I tried some glue last night and it didn't cure for some reason, I'll try some 2 part, thanks.

Just got to be aware two part has different drying times. The 45 second stuff can have cracking issues. The 24 hour stuff doesn't seem to get the brown look or crack. If you can find the small plastic drive pins whites uses it also helps.

The end of my excalibur shaft came loose and fell out, the part that holds the coil on. Just wanted to know what glue would be best to fix it. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Is there anyway that you can pin it with a small diameter nylon screw in addition to the two part epoxy?

If there’s no groves you might make a few or ruff it up otherwise the ID and OD is pretty tight and it will push most of the glue off. Marine epoxy loctite

I buy 2 part loctite at HD. $15 big bottles , goes along way. It's clear and waterproof.

Another little known secret is ABS plastic cement. Black. Cheap $. Waterproof. Landscapers , utilities workers use it. Also works great !

Back
Top Bottom