Another kid detector thread

Marksextra

I need a mid level detector for a 10 yr old.

Am leaning toward the

Fisher F22
Teknetics Euro Pro

And i had a professional offer up the Teknetics Digitek. It’s on sale for $129 right now. Add in a cheap Pointer for $50 and I’ll be around $180 for that setup.

Euro Pro on Amazon with Pointer is $239
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PJ56D0W/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3DONLJNKHLJBD&psc=1

Not sure it’s worth the extra $50 for the Euro Pro

Any suggestions are much appreciated on a detector or a Pointer

Don't go cheap on the pinpointer. Get a Garret Carrot or Whites TRX. If it's not in the budget I'd go without a pinpointer and put the 50 bucks towards the detector. If the kid sticks with it there is a real good chance he could buy his own pinpointer in just a few months. With a 9 year old the weatherproof f22 might be better than a rain cover on a euro tech. How long does it take for a 9 year old to lose a rain cover?

Don't go cheap on the pinpointer. Get a Garret Carrot or Whites TRX. If it's not in the budget I'd go without a pinpointer and put the 50 bucks towards the detector. If the kid sticks with it there is a real good chance he could buy his own pinpointer in just a few months. With a 9 year old the weatherproof f22 might be better than a rain cover on a euro tech. How long does it take for a 9 year old to lose a rain cover?

How long does it take? About 2 seconds. Lol. That’s how long. Kids are kids and mines no different.

So you’re thinking the Pointer that comes with the Euro Pro package deal is going to be junk?

Maybe not junk, but the cheaper pointers just don't seem to last. If that $16 dollars for 2 year protection plan covers the pinpointer it might be worth it.
Pinpointers really do make detecting a lot easier. Finding dirt colored coins in dirt colored dirt can be difficult. It also make it easy to dig smallholes.

Just a quick update for those people out there that are new and are reading this. I suggest you go with a local company or a sponsor on this board so that you can receive support for your purchase.

Back
Top Bottom