• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

At Pro nightlite and earbud.

I had to go out back and hide behind the fenceline since there's a full moon out and that would affect lighting, trying to get a realistic blackout type night situation. Reef Runners first suggestion, was a complete win! Bent blue man forward at the chest and positioned him on the left side of the AT Pro. I don't care for the left side control box positioning, because it's just weird having something on the inside of your swing (right handed) but it does give full view of the screen (modes are a little blocked but most hunt in Pro Zero anyways, so not significant to needing to see the modes).

And in this pic below, the glare is not there like the pic shows. In real time, you cannot see that glare but you can definitely see the two bright leds reflecting on the screen. They are bright, but tiny in the reflection and easy to see past... I don't know why the camera picks up glare that doesn't exist when really looking at it. Physics of camera lens refract or something? Anyways...

Also tried with just his eyes peering over the control box lip, there was too much glare and not enough angle to actually light up inside the screen display. Although it did show how much freaking dust was sitting on top of my screen. :laughing:

I took 3 angles of this, just to show that the light has to angle into the screen to be seen. So, there has to be something mounting (on the side or top) and then reaching around shining in toward the screen to light it up...

In real trial, this way did not light very well at all. There is a black dampener type frame around the display, so that doesn't help the light reach in to help light it up. Same problem with the bookclip leds, they are just too close to the control box lip and can't reach around to help the light reach in the screen.

Reef Runners original idea of bending him into the screen is the best option IMO. It completely lit up the whole screen, even enough to see the parts where the blue man's fat head was trying to block. He is bright though, but angled into the screen I bet most of the light gets trapped refracting between the screen and the actual display which is good in both that it lights up the whole display easily and will stay less noticable with not drawing extra unwanted attention while night pirating! :pirates::pirate2::pirate:

I guess I should add one more thing, just thought about this but I have no idea where to get more of the blue man batteries from. They don't look like they were meant to be replacable, but it does say WRD12-20 which I assume is the battery needed?

I took him apart to see if each led was controlled separately so I could turn one off, but two batteries stacked control both of the leds.

So blue man might not be such a good idea after all if we can't replace the batteries...:no:

You can buy those batteries..

Same as car alarm and key fobs, at least some..

<°)))>{

I use one of these finger lights on my thumb at night. I hunt mainly by tones but use it to confirm VDI numbers in the dark. Blue light is discreet and I can switch it on and off one handed. These can be found at dollar and hobby stores. :waytogo:

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 270
Alright, last update on this thread mod jobby-do thingy.

Since I last talked about the earbud, I finally got the 3.5mm to 1/4 inch adapter in and was able to fully seat the earbud correctly using the ATP headphone adapter plug. Earbud rocks! It gets freaking loud enough to blow your eardrum, so those deep silvers can't sneak away anymore. Had to get an earbud with volume control since the ATP has none (weird), and this is the ticket. Cheap and works good for one ear hunting!

You can see the setup here, and the details are back above in a previous post for any interested...

Wish I could go wireless with the new Z-lynk, but it's just not in the cards right now being so close after Christmas.

After looking in different stores, and not being able to find that bookmarker type light
And looking at all the other types of lights, and ideas presented here.
The "solution" is quite simply stupid.... (The Velcro arm cuff )
I attached one of those ball cap type clip lights to the Velcro arm cuff.
The light shines right down your swing arm onto the pro's face ,
if it is to bright, just cover the bulbs with electrical tape, or a dap of paint
These ball cap lights come in a variety of lighted colors,
white, red and green,
So expirement....
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com
/20170124/74c340109ac81bc0429e497b0a1a377b.jpg
b22e6a2d71ad5bdf438b824d97f4e79d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170124/7c74883d736
4640afa9e2ee1405d18fd.jpg
2cb69439b30dcf02cdc9c462cff62e53.jpg

ea71178238962ec22f0e40b58c103c04.jpg
37aaa076ba4d58c9bf227c9c74f7d26f.jpg

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I still like the idea of that rubber bungi bumper
a protective aide for cover housing face plate :cool:
I've more than a few times whacked it
& thought that I might've cracked it :shock:
The blue man is clever too
having a hunting pirate partner with you on those dark spooky nights,
can make one feel a little more at ease......:lol:

Last edited:
Okay, my backup idea arrived and works but is slightly goofy looking (don't laugh :laughing:). Actually, it doesn't just work...it works GREAT, but is brighter, probably will attract more attention than the 1st option of the 1 led light (hasn't arrived to be tested out yet) because it is so bright...
ust paint this rediculous blue man black to match everything else... :laughing:

Where did you get the lil' blue guy and how much? I need some prize ideas for work and that fits the bill. FWiW, My google shopping search attempts failed. :lol:

I'm in the process of designing an LED light system for ATP/ATG to print on 3d printer for sale... ;)

Where did you get the lil' blue guy and how much? I need some prize ideas for work and that fits the bill. FWiW, My google shopping search attempts failed. :lol:

Post #14 has the link for the blue man from Ebay. Tried to copy and paste the link, but it won't. There are a few different models by different sellers, this one seems pretty solid and there is no glare from the screen whatsoever. It's really bright!

Keep us informed and up on the details, it definitely needs a light of some sort!

In the trial and error process, without giving away too much actual process, but I believe when my design is complete it will be cost effective, aesthetically pleasing, functional, affordable and a great tool for atp users. Another forum member and i are working on the particulars :)

In the trial and error process, without giving away too much actual process, but I believe when my design is complete it will be cost effective, aesthetically pleasing, functional, affordable and a great tool for atp users. Another forum member and i are working on the particulars :)

Sweet! There is a guy that did put an led inside the control box and wired it to the battery compartment, it looked decent. I'm not risking voiding the warranty though.

Since we're discussing add-on light sources, what about this?

Credit Card-Size Pocket Magnifier with LED Light 1.5x & 4x - Tough Polycarbonate Lens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009SE8KII/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7hyMybSMMDXZ0

You could either try affixing the entire card onto the display panel, or see about separating the light unit itself from the card and attaching that instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Since we're discussing add-on light sources, what about this?

Credit Card-Size Pocket Magnifier with LED Light 1.5x & 4x - Tough Polycarbonate Lens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009SE8KII/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7hyMybSMMDXZ0

You could either try affixing the entire card onto the display panel, or see about separating the light unit itself from the card and attaching that instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's a good idea. I think you're onto something there!

Back
Top Bottom