Door Knocking Tutorial

When I started out door knocking. I for sure was a bit intimidated. I have all ways been a very shy type. So door knocking was very tough at first. It gets easier as you get more permissions. Then there is the getting over the feeling that you doing something wrong that people are watching over your shoulder.

When trying to gain permission take your time with the person. Comment them on there home. Try to know a little about the local history. Explain that you do no damage to there lawn. And they will never know that you were there.
And just relax. If you go up to a person and you are nerves they get the feeling that something is wrong. The more you do it the easier it gets. Remember the most important thing is to cut a very clean plug and fill it in and remove all trash dug.

Congrats on the permission! I really need to just man up and start door knocking... Finds in the parks (other than trash) are getting fewer and farther between.

That guy used to be in our club. He's pretty sharp. He has some very useful info in alot of his videos.

G2M

I have metal detected with someone who makes door knocking look easy. The confidence factor is important but I was surprised how often people were just as curious about what we can find as we are. He would often bring a few cool finds from silver coins to little curios and would say "this is the sort of thing we like to look for" and even some staunch people would perk up and sometimes change their minds. I still lack the confidence myself though.

Great video!! I still haven't worked up the courage to knock yet..... Got my eye on a house about about 2 minutes from mine built in the 1870s....I see the guy outside all the time....just have never stopped.... My wife thinks I'm a wuss LOL :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom