Whites TRX or Garrett AT Propointer?

ps249

I really cannot decide between the two. I know the Garrett is not yet released so not too many reviews on it. I like the Whites because of the 2 battery options (2 AA or 1 9V). I like the Garrett because of the waterproofing. Garretts propointers are legendary as the TRX has been released for a year. Can someone chime in on the pros / cons of the Whites TRX? I just completed my income taxes and getting a nice refund to purchase a new pinpointer.

I run them both and really like them both. If I had to choose one it would be the TRX due to its ability to adjust the sensitivity and is less prone to falsing.

Now I hear the new Garrett Pro Pointer AT also has adjustable sensitivity but like you said, there is not a lot of info out there about them yet.
I know I do not like to buy a newly released product due to the issues that normally creep up and revisions have to be made but that being said I have spent thousands of $ on Garrets products over the years (Whites also) and have every confidence that they will be a good unit. That is why I was one of the first to get dibs on one when they come out.

Being you are in a situation to have to wait for the refund then a wait to see just how good this new Garrett is going to be. The word is that The new Garrett is somewhat a copy of TRX features. So if the TRX is good enough today to be a a possible source of desirable features to be used in a new production unit then lets hope that these new Garrett features are as strong and functional as what white has done with the TRX. The one feature that was not moved was the water resistance feature, which for many will be a strong deciding factor. Another week or so for the new Garrett but I don't think the IRS will beat that date with your refund.

If it were me and these were the only two choices I would get the TRX -

Garrett are still chasing their tail with their GPP and its ongoing falsing issues (for that reason only is enough for me to stay away from their Garrett Pro Pointer AT until the durability is proven) However if you are based in the USA shipping item back for repairs is minimal so the current system they have in place for their GPP repairs works well -

However if you only want to spend $125 then this could be an option
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrXlkQiDbYM

Back
Top Bottom