Flying with Batteries

Is there a question/comment/story to go with this? :?: Travelled with the Nox in carry on no problem since the battery is housed within the device, same idea with laptops etc.

I was gonna take the nox out of my bag at TSA when they said any electronics larger than a cellphone, then I looked at the nox control box, and compared to how much bigger cellphones are getting nowadays and said forget it :roll::laughing:

No story, but I have been asked several times. It is good information not only for detctorists but for other hobbyists drone fliers and any other device users that wish to take spare batteries when they travel by air.

I have never found batteries light enough nor have I found where to plug them in so I could fly. I think it is easier to fly with about a thousand volts. At least for a second or two.

I have never found batteries light enough nor have I found where to plug them in so I could fly. I think it is easier to fly with about a thousand volts. At least for a second or two.

Not sure about this, but... what kind of "flying" are we talkin' bout here? :shock:

:D

R5

Some airlines have different rules. I just flew Emirates with a drone and camera gear (As well as a 4 year old!) They want the drone in the hold not in carry on, all lithium batteries removed from the machine and carried into the cabin. The camera and batteries can be checked or carried on however.

They also insisted the 4 year old (she is way more dangerous than any drone) WAS NOT allowed to be put in the hold :)

Back
Top Bottom