No Beach Hunting for a While.

Buddy, we are all here pulling for your success so you can get back out and pull some Gold again soon! Keep us up to date with the progression and your experiences going through this if you could..

I would come down there but the drive is a killer. I pray for your successful surgery.
Thanks a lot Metal! :yes:

Wish you the best in your surgery and recovery. Health is more important than treasure at this point.
DL
Couldn't agree more DL- thank you! :yes:

Hoping your surgery will be successful and you'll heal quick! It's always distressing to have some issue that needs surgical intervention...

The human body is amazingly able to compensate though, so maybe it won't hurt your hunting. I'm partially deaf on the left side also, probably mostly due to wearing a radio earpiece for years only on that side. I didn't realize quite how much hearing I had lost until I got a new set of headphones. Now when I am having one of my "I hate the feeling of headphones squeezing my head" days, I use a mono earbud only on the right side while hunting. I haven't had any trouble using only one side, and the benefit is I can still hear my pinpointer even with my bum left side.

You'll figure it out :yes:
Thank you BBsGal, Although rare, a.n. affects twice as many women as men and partial hearing loss on one side is the first symptom that many people experience- you may want to look into it. :yes: The good news is that these tumors are typically slow growing so, if diagnosed early enough, there are different options for dealing with them. :yes:

Hi Compass,

My name is Joyce. I had this surgery on Oct. 17, 2001. It sounds like your tumor was found early. I'm here to support you before and after your surgery if you feel like talking to someone who has been where you are now.

Best of luck.

Wom's wife
Thank you Joyce! I sincerely hope that you are doing well since your surgery. :yes: I know that a.n. and the post surgery effects can be drastically different between people. P.M. sent this morning. :D

Hey George. Praying for you that your surgery is successful. Now hurry up and get better....we need to meet up and have a detecting day like we had earlier this year. I will even let you have the first gold. :D:D
Thanks Jeff! I'm pretty sure that I'll be out there detecting again someday. Even if I couldn't I have enough great memories (like that February hunt) to last me a lifetime. :yes:

Sorry to hear, I like your plan, get er done and get back out there! Good thoughts your way for a speedy full recovery!
Thank you GS! I have the support of family and friends, a great medical team, and good medical insurance. I actually feel very fortunate. :yes:

Here is hoping everything is highly successful. Hearing is one of our very important senses. Get er done and get back to detecting.
Thank you George, The cause of a.n. is not known. I did wonder if it might be related to my exposure to radiation, noise or something else while I was in the Navy but as I stated earlier it affects twice as many women as men so who knows? :?:

Hope everything is 100 % successful, that's the route i would take also, hope your recovery is quick, you will be fine when it's all said & done, good luck, Earl
Thanks Earl, I'm sure that some of you entertaining posts will help keep me in good spirits during my recovery! ;)

Best of luck man, good you caught it when you did, i am sure you will out and detecting soon enough!
Thank you Z, Yes, I am thankful that my ENT properly diagnosed this when she saw me. :yes:

Good luck with the surgery and get back in the lane ASAP!
Thank you fdutra!

Wishing you all the best to you over there.
Thank you 71DHB!

2 in 100,000 and you get to win the lottery. Sorry man sincerely wish you the best.

Dew
Thanks Dew, Bought my Powerball ticket yesterday! :yes:

Good luck Compass, wish you all the best on a full recovery.
Thank you 3.14R8! :yes:

Sorry to hear please keep us informed on your progress. You might have to go with the Whites BHID..
Thanks OBN, I will look into that one. :yes:

Hi George
My prayers are going your way for a quick and successful recovery.
Hope to see you a the beach real soon.
I'll be sure to leave some of the good stuff for you.
Larry
Thanks Larry! Starfish Jeff tells me that we have some BIG swells coming in next weekend- figures. :roll:

Good luck on the surgery! Let's hope all goes well so you can get out there again! :)
Thank you X! :yes:

Sorry to hear! Just prayed for God's will to be done for you through this. Keep us posted.
Thank you Barbara, I know that you have been through a lot yourself so your words are especially meaningful to me. :yes:

On the left side only? So your right side hearing will still be ok right? Good luck on the surgery! :good:
Thanks Felix, Yes, my right side hearing should be fine. Biggest post surgery concerns are facial paralysis, balance, headaches and vertigo. Some of these things may be temporary if they occur at all. :yes:

Buddy, we are all here pulling for your success so you can get back out and pull some Gold again soon! Keep us up to date with the progression and your experiences going through this if you could..
Thanks Mud, Reading posts on this forum during my recovery will certainly help keep me occupied. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom