Metal Detecting in Dubai

jw9357

Hi,

If anyone lives in Dubai and wants to PM me in regards to metal detecting beaches, please feel free to contact me

Trying to find as much information as possible and gather as many people as possible to go search the Dubai or other emirate beaches

Now this just got interesting...

Attachments

• giphy.jpg
    giphy.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,312
Watch out for the head loppers.

Gotta be tons of high karat gold out there considering they sell gold in vending machines over there.

We did felixes, UAE digs Ferraris

Attachments

• article-2544798-1AE7FD5900000578-608_634x463.jpg
    article-2544798-1AE7FD5900000578-608_634x463.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,263
Probably went to prison for metal detecting in dubai. Lol

Bet that fellow, (lets call him 'Tom' theoretically) that encouraged them to defy the authorities and hunt without regard to any steenkin law didn't go with them.

Bet that fellow, (lets call him 'Tom' theoretically) that encouraged them to defy the authorities and hunt without regard to any steenkin law didn't go with them.

Only when we start with the premise that there is "law" that says "no md'ing Dubai beaches", to begin with. And since you've set that implied premise, I'm sure you have a link. But no, on the contrary, since it has a middle-east sounding name, and since you're a westerner (and assume that anything outside the UK or USA gets your arms chopped off), you simply assume "illegal". Till given a princely "yes" to the contrary. Right ?

Or .... got a link ?

Only when we start with the premise that there is "law" that says "no md'ing Dubai beaches", to begin with. And since you've set that implied premise, I'm sure you have a link. But no, on the contrary, since it has a middle-east sounding name, and since you're a westerner (and assume that anything outside the UK or USA gets your arms chopped off), you simply assume "illegal". Till given a princely "yes" to the contrary. Right ?

Or .... got a link ?

I knew I could wind you up. :D
You had me wondering after the first post tho, I have to admit.

I have a niece and nephew that lives their. Been their for many years. They always want us to come and visit. I did ask them about detecting the beach their. It is OK to detect. They see people detecting a lot on the beaches. That is all I know... KEN :D

I did a google search and the only information I found said while specifically not illegal it could draw unwarrented attention from authorities so should be practiced with caution. Also any significant find should be reported or it is stealing by finding.

..... I did ask them about detecting the beach their. It is OK to detect. They see people detecting a lot on the beaches....

Ahh, well those person's must be breaking the "steenkin laws" that KinTN was referring to. And, of course, if your niece & nephew would have looked closer, they would have noticed that they are amputees. Detecting with no arms. Since .... most certainly .... this is what happens to any westerner who ventures to any middle-eastern sounding country, with a detector . Haven't you watched Raiders of the Lost Ark ? :roll:

Last edited:
... Also any significant find should be reported or it is stealing by finding.

I got news for you : The same exact laws exist for any speck of public land, and any beach, here in the USA. They're known as "Lost & found" laws (that exist in all 50 states). And/or "cultural heritage" (for some other zones) if you (gasp) found an old coin.

I guarantee you, that no matter where you detect in the USA, if you asked long enough and hard enough, to enough bored bureaucrats and lawyers, that you would find that your activity falls afoul of prohibitions on "harvest & remove" statutes. No different from Dubai.

The only difference is (the reason it can be found on google for Dubai), is that past md'rs, being sincere and well-meaning (no one wants to get their arms chopped off after all), have gone asking bored bureaucrats and border consulates: "Hi, can I metal detect, dig holes, and take things ?". If you asked that question here, you'd get the same answer.

So if this is the type answer that sends an md'r scurrying to report "any significant find", lest they be "stealing", then ... I have to ask: Why did you get into the hobby of md'ing ? Didn't it occur to us that we'd be "taking" things ? That's the whole point of md'ing after all, right ? (Unless you intended to dig it up, look at it, and then re-bury it :?: )

C'mon fellows, stop being your own worst enemy. If no one cares, then no one cares. Why can't THAT be the test of whether or not to detect ? There's not a speck of land on earth, that you detect on, that I can't find some supposed law (if you stood on one foot and squinted real hard) that you are breaking. Let's get serious.

Back
Top Bottom