Replacement part for Garrett Ace 250

Seawulff

Elite Member
Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I purchased a Garrett Ace 250 about 3 years ago, but I hardly used it at all. Anyway it sat in my friend's garage for a while. I pulled it out a few weeks ago, only to notice that the Lower Stem is missing. I went to the Garrett website and didn't find any sections that sold this part. Has anyone else been able to find a replacement for this part?

I emailed Garrett tonight, hoping they will have something they can sell me. I would think they would, I mean there is no sense in alienating a potetnial returning customer.

Anyway, just trying to get some help, as I am anxious to get this thing out again, and find my fortune! :spin:

Thanks to anyone who can help,

Cdub

Good machine

You might Private Message board member KellycoChick who works at Kellyco and she will be able to get an answer to you about a replacement part for the Ace 250. I've heard lots of good things about your detector. Hope this helps out.

I have extra lower shaft sections on all my coils for fast switching and I got them from Kellyco they carry them in stock for most models of detectors . What happen to the coil do you have it or is it missing also ?
Garrett should have them also .

Harold

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I purchased a Garrett Ace 250 about 3 years ago, but I hardly used it at all. Anyway it sat in my friend's garage for a while. I pulled it out a few weeks ago, only to notice that the Lower Stem is missing. I went to the Garrett website and didn't find any sections that sold this part. Has anyone else been able to find a replacement for this part?

I emailed Garrett tonight, hoping they will have something they can sell me. I would think they would, I mean there is no sense in alienating a potetnial returning customer.

Anyway, just trying to get some help, as I am anxious to get this thing out again, and find my fortune! :spin:

Cdub

Hi!
We have that rod in stock, go ahead and give us a call if you'd like to order it.
Ms. Blaze

Hello everyone,

Cdub

Hi .... I just replaced a stem on my Garrett Freedom III. Call this number: l-800-527-4011, They were real helpful and I had my repairs delivered in a couple of days. Good Luck to you!! MBV123

I'm back...

Sorry for the long delay.

KellycoChick,

Is there a phone number or website I can place order with you guys with?

Also, I did end up talking to a guy directly from Garrett who ended up sending me a replacement stem for about $10. Problem was the piece I got was a crappy piece of plastic. If I recall right the orginal piece was a lightweight metal like the rest of the stem that is connected to the control mount??? I'm almost positive that this is the case.

Well I aksed the guy at Garrett for the original metal-type peice and he said the (plastic) piece he sent is the same as what I had before. I'm almost positive it is not. Because for one my Coil will no longer rest parallel to the ground when I go to scan the ground. Instead the Clevis Assy and Washers do not hold a tight grip on the connection of the lower stem and Coil just hangs vertical to the ground. :(

I'm pretty dissappointed. Please tell me the orginal piece is the same lightweight metal as the upper shaft piece????

Please tell me the orginal piece is the same lightweight metal as the upper shaft piece????
No, it's not. Top part is aluminum, black in color, and the bottom shaft is resin/plastic. Do you have these parts to attach your coil? The washers' 3 holes don't show up in the photo, but they fit very snugly in their side recesses.
screw and washers.jpg
If you have all the proper parts installed, the coil will not hang down. It will be firm, yet easy to reposition. I can PM you the website of an exclusive Garrett dealer who can assist you if you wish.

hi

Hi Randwool,

I have those parts you showed and spoke of, I must be doing something wrong. I'll check tonight when I get home.

Thanks!

hey...

Got it all figured out now, I had the washers in the wrong spot. Now I"m all set, gonna find some stuff tomorrow I hope!

Thanks all!

tt ace 250

hi room. I'm new here
I have a garrett ace 250 and I was told that the pc board was fried. anyone know where I can get that board? maybe someone has a destroyed machine but the electronics are still good. I sure would like to find one .thanks
my email is [email protected]
thanks again

I say kudos to bassplayertom for using the search function BEFORE posting his question! That is rare.

bassplayertom, I think your best bet to find a used 250 for parts, is by posting in the classifieds section here. I think it might be a long shot, but there's no harm in trying :grin:. There may be a minimum # of posts you need before posting in that part of these fourms, IDK.

-Other than that, I see plenty of 250's on craigslist all the time.

SeaWulff.......I bought my Ace 250 over 9 years ago and it still has the same plastic lower pole (ABS plastic I believe, called acrylonitrile butadiene styrene).

ABS plastic is not electrically conductive and does not interfere with signals coming off the top surface of the coil and it's really tough stuff !

ToddB64

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom