3030 users with the 17" smart coil, got a question ...

Chad

Elite Member
How noticeable is the weight difference between the stock coil and the 17? I have the 15 WOT for my etrac and I have a hard time swinging that for more than an hour or so. That being said, the balance between the etrac and the 3030 is quite different, in my opinion. How long can you guys swing the 17 for before getting fatigued?

I personally don't find the 17" very hard to swing at all. I can go about 4 hours or so with it with no problem. The CTX is a very well balanced machine. For example, I also have an AT Pro and when I put the 15" coil on, it is MUCH harder to swing than the CTX with the 17".

Your mileage may vary.

I bought one last year and used it once or twice. It is entirely too heavy for me.

Good to know....so there is quite a difference? I have the minelab swing harness thing, but its weird / bulky / arm keeps getting disconnected every time I bend over to dig. I'm with you, I only used the WOT on the etrac once. Don't want to spend $400 bucks for something to have it sit in the closet.

Thanks for the reply Tony...I feel the same way about the balance on the 3030...its totally different. The fatigue I get with the etrac is more in my shoulder, but I don't get that at all with the 3030. It seems the weight is more 'forward' kind of at your fingers instead of whole arm. PS...I laughed at your location! RIP Chris!!!

Thanks for the reply Tony...I feel the same way about the balance on the 3030...its totally different. The fatigue I get with the etrac is more in my shoulder, but I don't get that at all with the 3030. It seems the weight is more 'forward' kind of at your fingers instead of whole arm. PS...I laughed at your location! RIP Chris!!!

Back
Top Bottom