Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Old 01-13-2018, 07:13 PM
Elite Member

Default A plethora of finds at one of our permissions; first old spoon

Some of you may remember my post where I dug up a fully intact 1920's Orange Crush bottle. My son and I returned to this same permission and hit a new area on the property and started digging every signal (32+) to see what would happen. The place is filled with early 1900's "trash" (treasure to most of us). The MAX hit a Ball Mason Jar lid at 15" today. You should have seen that hole, LOL! There were so many signals that we just started cherry picking (knowing that we will come back again). Unfortunately all the "coin" signals turned out to be large, very deep objects. The axe head I dug rang up like penny. Weird.

Anyway, we didn't get anything particularly valuable, but we had a great time and my son was tearing it up. It's SO nice now that he has a Pro Pointer of his own!

The find of the day is probably the 1910 WM A Rogers 8" silver-plated spoon. That is my first ever old, fully intact spoon. Rang up in the 50's on my MAX and was about 8" down.

You can see in the pics the other stuff we got. Looking forward to going back and getting more stuff. Surely there's coins there right?
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2018, 08:12 PM

Lots of nice relics there,love the Axe head.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:58 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by joey786 View post
Lots of nice relics there,love the Axe head.
Thanks! I like it too. I figure it's probably early 1900's.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:55 PM

Looks like you had a lot of fun.....and the best part is your son was with you! Good job guys!

Old 01-13-2018, 10:04 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Lawnwalker15 View post
Looks like you had a lot of fun.....and the best part is your son was with you! Good job guys!
Thanks! Yes, he was actually having fun at the site in this thread instead of moping around like the first site we hit prior. At one point my temper got the best of me at the first site and I said, "Well, I am putting all your gear on eBay. Clearly you're not interested in even trying." Turns out he was just hungry. Nice one dad. LOL

Old 01-13-2018, 10:08 PM
Elite Member

Nice Finds !!! Looks like you had a great hunt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect

Old 01-13-2018, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by TriadHunter View post
Thanks! Yes, he was actually having fun at the site in this thread instead of moping around like the first site we hit prior. At one point my temper got the best of me at the first site and I said, "Well, I am putting all your gear on eBay. Clearly you're not interested in even trying." Turns out he was just hungry. Nice one dad. LOL
Darn kids don't come with instruction manuals...we just gotta do our best! My son mopes a bit when he doesn't find much and I do. Then one day he found an 1865 2 cent piece in the lawn of his great great great great (yes,that's 4 greats) grandparent's house and I was the one moping!

Old 01-13-2018, 10:32 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Lawnwalker15 View post
Darn kids don't come with instruction manuals...we just gotta do our best! My son mopes a bit when he doesn't find much and I do. Then one day he found an 1865 2 cent piece in the lawn of his great great great great (yes,that's 4 greats) grandparent's house and I was the one moping!
That's awesome. And good finds really seem to energize my son while out detecting. "My" oldest coin in my sig was found by my son on one of our outings. Dang kid was moping again and I said, "one more look man. Swing just 5 more minutes." And he snags a semi-key date IHP.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Elite Member

Smile

Great post ! Congrats you guys .
My son and favorite hunting buddy is now 25 .
😐 Now he found a pretty girl I can't compete with 👙. 😐
My only hope is that he gets married and in a couple years he will be bugging me to go hunting 😎👍.
When they are younger one hobbie is usually not an option. Like myself I loved playing ball , fishing , hunting. Playing cards with buddies , beer , pretty girls , snowmobile , cars , skiing .. you name it there was always something going on . Work school.
Heck going too bed too late . Doesn't make you a good detecting buddy for an older buddy that is ready to go on Saturday or Sunday after working all week.

For me I can't get enough of this ... for others onece every few weeks is just what they need .
Great post and looking forward to your future reports
HH, Dew

Old 01-14-2018, 11:23 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Dewsweeper894 View post
Great post ! Congrats you guys .
My son and favorite hunting buddy is now 25 ...
Great post and looking forward to your future reports
HH, Dew
Thank you and thanks for sharing your experiences. I know 25 is going to come faster than I realize and there will come a time when I cannot "make" him go with me. So, I am trying to make the best of the time we have and to invest in experiences instead of top scores on video games.