Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 01-13-2018, 07:57 PM
Elite Member

Default Here is a story about a Dog.

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/pe...194450034.html

Last edited by tnsharpshooter; 01-13-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 PM

Wow... what an interesting story. I feel sorry for her.

Romans 10:9,10 ~ Jesus is the reason for the season!
2017 totals: Coins: 109 ($7.18) ~ Wheat Pennies: 2 ~ Rings: 1 ~ Oldest coin: 1946 Wheat Penny
Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ Bounty Hunter Junior ~ Cen-Tech Pinpointer

Old 01-13-2018, 08:26 PM
Supporter

Unhappy

That is so sad, it breaks my heart to hear about dogs like that who likely wonder why doesn't my family want me any more, what did I do wrong ?

We could never abandon a dog like that any more than we could abandon any other family member, if we moved we would make sure we could have a dog there or we would find another place where we could keep a dog.

It might be a little different if you only had the dog for no more than just a couple weeks, but not after any amount of time where they have formed such a strong emotional bond that they would travel that far to get back to them.

Name:  m0223.gif
Views: 46
Size:  3.7 KB

Name:  doggy28.gif
Views: 46
Size:  27.3 KB Name:  puphug.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  35.8 KB

John 3:5 Acts 2:38
Navy Vet

Old 01-13-2018, 08:30 PM
Supporter

"You have viewed all of your free articles this month." This is what I saw when I clicked on the link.

I go there a few times a month to check out the fishing reports. Does anyone really pay to read Sacbee online?? With all of the "news" sources available online nowadays.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Leave it to Sacramento to charge (TAX) for unnecessary services.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:36 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by GKL View post
That is so sad, it breaks my heart to hear about dogs like that who likely wonder why doesn't my family want me any more, what did I do wrong ?

We could never abandon a dog like that any more than we could abandon any other family member, if we moved we would make sure we could have a dog there or we would find another place where we could keep a dog.

It might be a little different if you only had the dog for no more than just a couple weeks, but not after any amount of time where they have formed such a strong emotional bond that they would travel that far to get back to them.

Attachment 404227

Attachment 404226 Attachment 404228
Although I couldn't read the article, I think I now understand the content. I agree with your comments. When you take possession of an animal, it is for life, whether it be yours or theirs. Moving to a non-animal-friendly place is not an option, you choose somewhere else where your animal can go with you. I have some stories about animals that got stuck with bad owners, but I won't share them here.

I like most animals more than I like most humans.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:50 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Bagelbites View post
"You have viewed all of your free articles this month." This is what I saw when I clicked on the link.

I go there a few times a month to check out the fishing reports. Does anyone really pay to read Sacbee online?? With all of the "news" sources available online nowadays.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Leave it to Sacramento to charge (TAX) for unnecessary services.
I changed link.
Same story.

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/pe...194450034.html