runnin the AT pro wireless

dogpound

THE JUICE
Forum Supporter
well since it was rainin out today i felt like doin some tinkering, made a run to radio shack and picked up a 1/4 inch female adaptor then came home and cut the waterproof adaptor off my headphones and hooked it up, works like a charm:D now i can run any headphones including my wireless, i used 2 zip ties to hold the new 1/4 inch adaptor to the upper rod then put a small piece of velcro on the AT to hold the transmitter in place, i use this same setup on my GTI so now i just swap it over to whatever machine i take that day. adaptor cost me 5 bucks and that was for a 2 pack. also my headphones aren't a total loss because i just have to put a male 1/4 inch adaptor on them thats if i ever wanna use them again

Attachments

• Picture 128.jpg
    Picture 128.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6,251
  • Picture 129.jpg
    Picture 129.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 5,299
Nice job on the mod!! Did you get hit bad by the storm? We were lucky. Just heavy rain here. The worst of it went just north of us. Tornado warnings were posted all morning.

Nice job on the mod!! Did you get hit bad by the storm? We were lucky. Just heavy rain here. The worst of it went just north of us. Tornado warnings were posted all morning.

thanks. yea it was heavy rain(coming down sideways) wind, no hail but there was alot of flooding in the streets since it came down so fast. i know lancaster and york had alot of warnings also.

it was very easy(easier than i thought it was gonna be) and i've tried them out with my spare treasure sound headphones and wireless and they work great, and if i wanna just use the external speaker i just have to unplug my headphone from the adaptor i made and not unscrew the adaptor from the headunit

ps...i did test them out first before soldiering them just to be safe

Thanks for the idea and the information Dogpound! I went out and picked up the jack and made quick work of it. It works great and sounds so incredibly better with my Killer B's. Literally night and day!

-George

Attachments

• at.jpg
    at.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 5,103
Awesome job George:waytogo:

if anyone else is lookin to lose those lame stock headphones here is the part i used

274-141c
three conductor 1/4" inline headphone jack
comes in a 2 pack for around 5 bucks (so ya got a spare if ya mess up :lol:)

there are 2 prongs and a center ground hole, red wire goes on one prong, white goes on the other prong and the black ground wire goes in the center position where you'd crimp your cable to hold it.

very easy to do...just remember to slide the black plastic casing down the cable before soldiering the wires up :shock:

Curious.... but what happens when you submerge the unit, or get the adapter connection wet? Wouldn't the purchasing of the 'Headphone adapter' be the better way to go so that you still have (un-chopped) waterproof headphones (at least water-proof up to the neck...)??

Cheers,

Curious.... but what happens when you submerge the unit, or get the adapter connection wet? Wouldn't the purchasing of the 'Headphone adapter' be the better way to go so that you still have (un-chopped) waterproof headphones (at least water-proof up to the neck...)??

Cheers,

yea i'm sure the purchase of the headphone adapter would be better.....if they were available but they aren't out yet

if anyone is having problems with running wireless on the AT pro and the external speaker is still working after the transmitter is pluged in try using this 12" extension w/volume control, this seems to cut off the external speaker and only send the sound thru the headphones. the extension is also handy to velcro the transmitter to the headunit where its outa harms way. also the volume control on the jumper cable is easier to get to than messin with the volume on the headphones themselves

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 4,991
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 5,094
Hi dogpound, which wireless headphones are you using? I am thinking about doing this with my AT Pro. Also where did you get the extension with the volume control?

Thanks,

Hi dogpound, which wireless headphones are you using? I am thinking about doing this with my AT Pro. Also where did you get the extension with the volume control?

Thanks,

everything ya need is at radio shack, the wireless headphones are part number 33-283 and are normally around 80 bucks but i hear they are now around 50 bucks on sale.

this is what they look like

Attachments

• Picture 104.jpg
    Picture 104.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 5,328
and i just found out that the part number for the volume control extension is 42-2559 which costs around 10 bucks from radio shack

Thanks dogpound, I bought a pair of them on clearence and there is no manual in them. I need to go back to RS to get the volume control extension. Did you get a manual for the headphones? I looked on line but could not find one for the 33-283. I am wondering which rechargable triple A's you need to use to be able to use the charger that came with the headphones. If you know please respond. Thanks again

Thanks dogpound, I bought a pair of them on clearence and there is no manual in them. I need to go back to RS to get the volume control extension. Did you get a manual for the headphones? I looked on line but could not find one for the 33-283. I am wondering which rechargable triple A's you need to use to be able to use the charger that came with the headphones. If you know please respond. Thanks again

i have a manual, and any rechargable triple A's will work, inside the battery compartment of the headphones is a switch for "rechargebles" or "alkaline" just make sure you have the switch on rechargeables if thats what your using. when you hook up the charger the blue light on the charger will blink while charging and when charging is complete the blue light will just stay lit. usually takes 3-4 hours for complete charge. if ya have any questions just give me a shout

Back
Top Bottom