Unbelievable Finds at Old Fairgrounds

NectarDetector

Forum Supporter
Finally got on a good spot, this was a late 1800s fairgrounds that is just woods now. I had high hopes for this property, and it did not disappoint.

If I hadn't dug this stuff myself, I might not believe it! Luckily I had a friend with me and he got to see the stuff come out of the ground too... to say this was a hunt of a lifetime is an understatement if you ask me...lol

oddback.jpg

oddfront.jpg

medaldate.jpg

1824 Independent ODD FELLOWS Medal

ringfront.jpg

Ring Front

ringright.jpg

Ring Lady on Right Side

sashbuckle.jpg

Medal piece that would have hung on a ribbon

ridestoken.jpg

Lead Ride token fashioned after V nickels

tokensgroup.jpg

Amusement tokens, found 5 in same plug and gave one to the property owner.

VVVV.jpg

My 1st V Nickel - 1904 Finally got that monkey off my back!

02barb.jpg

1902 Barber Dime

05barb.jpg

1905 Barber Dime

1875cc.jpg

1875 Seated Dime - My first and when I was on my knees diggin and realized it was a seated I literally fell flat on my back, never thought I'd pull a seated coin!

ccrear.jpg

1875 Seated CC Mint Mark

morgfront.jpg

1881 Morgan - She was down about 7 inches and I can't post here what I said to Jerr-Man when I found it because of a certain 4 letter word. Suffice it to say I said "You're not gonna ... believe this!" I still can't believe it, would have never guessed in a million years I'd pull a Morgan Dollar out of the ground!

morgrear.jpg

Morgan Rear

group2.jpg

Best Of It

beer.jpg

Free State Beer

thejunk.jpg

Of course I dug some junk-- this is only half the junk I dug.

As you can see this one one of my best hunts, it was a beautiful day for diggin and after 9 hours of hitting it hard, this is what I came up with.

My buddy also pulled an 1890s wedding ring, merc dime, 1883 Indian Penny, 1904 Barber Quarter and a few other odds and ends.

It was an epic day, thanks for checking out my finds!

Attachments

• grouping1.jpg
    grouping1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 6,043
  • ringside.jpg
    ringside.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 6,441
Last edited:
Amazing hunt! Congrats on the Morgan, seated and other great finds. You need to hammer that place! Gotta be more. :yes::yes::yes::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Last edited:
I think your word may have consisted of 6 or 7 letters, not the 4 you mentioned ;)

That is a great days hunt. Grats

Finally got on a good spot, this was a late 1800s fairgrounds that is just woods now. I had high hopes for this property, and it did not disappoint.

If I hadn't dug this stuff myself, I might not believe it! Luckily I had a friend with me and he got to see the stuff come out of the ground too... to say this was a hunt of a lifetime is an understatement if you ask me...lol

View attachment 342993

View attachment 342994

View attachment 342990

1824 Independent ODD FELLOWS Medal

View attachment 342996

Ring Front

View attachment 342997

Ring Lady on Right Side

View attachment 342998

Ring Lady on Left Side

View attachment 342999

Medal piece that would have hung on a ribbon

View attachment 342995

Lead Ride token fashioned after V nickels

View attachment 343000

Amusement tokens, found 5 in same plug and gave one to the property owner.

View attachment 343001

My 1st V Nickel - 1904 Finally got that monkey off my back!

View attachment 342983

1902 Barber Dime

View attachment 342984

1905 Barber Dime

View attachment 342985

1875 Seated Dime - My first and when I was on my knees diggin and realized it was a seated I literally fell flat on my back, never thought I'd pull a seated coin!

View attachment 342987

1875 Seated CC Mint Mark

View attachment 342991

1881 Morgan - She was down about 7 inches and I can't post here what I said to my detecting partner when I found it because of a certain 4 letter word. Suffice it to say I said "You're not gonna ... believe this!" I still can't believe it, would have never guessed in a million years I'd pull a Morgan Dollar out of the ground!

View attachment 342992

Morgan Rear

View attachment 342988

Best Of It

View attachment 342986

Free State Beer

View attachment 343002

Of course I dug some junk-- this is only half the junk I dug.

As you can see this one one of my best hunts, it was a beautiful day for diggin and after 9 hours of hitting it hard, this is what I came up with.

My buddy also pulled an 1890s wedding ring, merc dime, 1883 Indian Penny, 1904 Barber Quarter and a few other odds and ends.

It was an epic day, thanks for checking out my finds!

Wow Nec , you did well, I bet your still smiling. EPIC HUNT. Congrads

Wow great finds! I was a grounds keeper at a 100 year old fair grounds when I was young for five years. Always wished I would have taken up detecting then. Unfortunately a 20 year old has other hobbies on his mind. Great job.

Man that spot is totally awesome! Make sure you go back cause there's more there. Love that Carson City Mint Mark! :cool:

Huge congratulations!
That is the hunt of a lifetime, I did not see that Morgan coming, and just with the other coins it would have been the hunt of the year.
That is the third time I have seen someone post their first seated dime and it was a cc mint mark.

Fantastic day ND! :cool:

So may of us will never see a day like that!

When did the fair grounds stop operation?

Were you running the AT Pro?

What coil and where did that Morgan come in at on the VDI?

Good job!

If I could land a site like that, I'd just change my address and never leave. :D

Back
Top Bottom