Stavr Scoops question?

Guys, maybe instead of us always trying to knock the brands of scoops we ourselves don't personally own, maybe we should be thankful that we have several choices and people willing to hand-make scoops. If you own a Sunspot it doesn't mean a Stavr has to suck, and vice versa. Both Chuck's and Stavr's scoops have well-earned reputations and I think we're spoiled for choice in some ways. Chuck's offers a great warranty and in-country shipping and payment. Stavr's scoops are generally a bit lighter, perhaps better-priced, but you have to wait a bit to get them and there is no lifetime warranty. Some people are okay with that, some aren't. I own two Stavr's and love them to bits but that doesn't mean Chuck's scoops suck. On the contrary, I'm sure I'd be just as pleased with one of his scoops. Anyhow, why don't we just agree that they both make amazing scoops, each with their own good points?

Now light the fire and let's have a hug and sing "Kumbaya"....all together now...:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Guys, maybe instead of us always trying to knock the brands of scoops we ourselves don't personally own, maybe we should be thankful that we have several choices and people willing to make them. If you own a Sunspot it doesn't mean a Stavr has to suck, and vice versa. Both Chuck's and Stavr's scoops have well-earned reputations and I think we're spoiled for choice in some ways. Chuck's offers a great warranty and in-country shipping and payment. Stavr's scoops are generally a bit lighter, perhaps better-priced, but you have to wait a bit to get them and there is no lifetime warranty. Some people are okay with that, some aren't. I own two Stavr's and love them to bits but that doesn't mean Chuck's scoops suck. On the contrary, I'm sure I'd be just as pleased with one of his scoops. Anyhow, why don't we just agree that they both make amazing scoops, each with their own good points?

Now light the fire and let's have a hug and sing "Kumbaya"....all together now...:lol::lol::lol:

Well said. I have a Stavr and love it but I also have a bad arm. I needed something light strong and did not want a large bucket.

Hahahaha..

I just freakin love it :)

You guys are still battling it out over a digging tool for the beach ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Meanwhile I'm still using a $12.99 Garden Weasel that has like 10,000 digs under it's belt ..lol

Yes Craig it is not good in the water, but most don't even go in .. Let's end that argument early ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ They wander along the surf and in that situation nothing beats the Infamous Garden Weasel ๐Ÿ˜œ

All this thread needs now is Clamslaw ๐Ÿ˜

I wish somebody made a 6 inch that was "all holes"..

This is my 5 inch with extra holes.. Clay doesn't stick to holes..

IMG_4105_zps46814396.jpg

<*)))>{

Haha all I wanted to know was which stavr was the lightest. Lol...so since I started this thread and the possibility of Starv getting a US distributor does this mean I get a free scoop or a discount? Haha ;)
but in this forum so that you opened in addition to the information you need will hear a lot of unnecessary and not related to the subject matter (eg discussion nonexistent problems, exaggerated obstacles ,Council people not never held stavr scoop in hand, and so on :yes: )

but no one on the line and never (or very rarely) to raise the issue on the merits! -Technical example of parameters and decision specific situation with a specific person, help in choosing a model specifically suited to local beaches, soil and MD.

In my arsenal I have RTG, Trex, Dalyn, Sunspot (which is a quality scoop but the 90 degree doesn't wrk for me) and a few others. Never tried the Garden Weasel so I guess I don't know what I am missing!

I have customers who use the Stavr scoop and swear by it. I hope to try one out soon.
HH, phil

I would buy a better scoop if I thought I could find a better one my M9 is a beast, I'm sure there are better scoops for different conditions, but for an all rounder this thing is awesome and can take a serious beating. I love this scoop and prying it from my cold dead hands is the only way I'd part with this earth moving machine.

... nothing beats the Infamous Garden Weasel ๐Ÿ˜œ. All this thread needs now is Clamslaw ๐Ÿ˜

SHOVEL! :laughing:

Hey BP! You still pitchin' the shovel?! I haven't seen CS post in, well, I think almost a couple years. So there goes my entertainment between you two. None the less, good to see you posting again!

My Raiders SUCK!

R5

Back
Top Bottom