Calibration for 10" coils

CyberSage

Elite Member
    Is calibration necessary when using a 10" coil on Bounty Hunter detectors?  Does it have to go to the factory for this, or can I just mount it up and go.  I have a Discovery 3300 (Titan 3000) and would like to try this 10" coil. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Jack

I've never had to send any detector in to have it calibrated to a larger or smaller coil use. If you have to do this for the 3300 or any detector you'd be doing it a lot and really not worth the effort. What happens when you want to go back to a smaller coil ? Back and forth to the factory ? :(

Cyber - Tony's right. :yes: I ordered a 10" coil for my 3300 and that was the response that I got.

It was suggested on the Bounty Hunter forum that all coils should be returned with the detector for optimum performance. All I can see is that some mid position would be selected but I would think that neither coil would be at its best.
Over here the first mod made (to a fixed ground balance machine) is to have each coil calibrated and a control box mounted switch fitted that allows switching to each calibration.

Back
Top Bottom