Selling my AT pro, now what?

detectingpro

I've decided to sell my AT pro. I'm not clicking with it. It's a clad killer but it lacks on depth. So now I'm stuck again as to what detector to get! I want something as deep or deeper than my AT pro. My budget is around 500$ and my choices I'm looking at are, omega 8k, F5, and F70. I want the best detector for deeper coins. I'll be hunting parks, trashy parks and older homesites. So any thoughts? And another question is, who to buy from? Best prices?

-Ryan

(If anyone is interested in an AT pro that has a pretty big scratch on the screen, pm me, if no one does, I'll be posting on classifieds.

Thanks.

If you really do not like your AT PRO, then I think the next best machine for depth is the Omega 8000... some people have gotten great depth with it...

I would not suggest a f70 if it's anything like my t2se, the Emi is unbearable at my park with the power boxes and power lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Omega for sale that I have only used a couple times, it comes with everything that came with it from the factory including the 5 year warranty, just comes with a smaller price tag ;). List for $599.00 I will sell this one for $450.00 shipped.

PM "Ice Scratcher" and see if you can get any more info before selling. He is right by you and has used an ATP for quite a while.

I was a Michigan resident for 33 years. I honestly never found any coins or jewelry below 6-7". Albeit, I could bury test coins and read them at up to 18" with the large coil on my PI machine, I believe the clay & soil conditions played a part in them sort of floating in the ground. (You can read more about that phenomena by searching "specific gravity and coin buoyancy") The only targets I ever found at depth, were usually large items like old tools, hammer heads, car parts, etc.

However, it is always fun to buy and play with a new MD toy!

I have never noticed a lack of depth with my AT Pro's in my part of MI, but good luck with your next machine.

Hey there. I use my AT-Pro quite a bit but I wanted a legendary deep coin finder so I went with a pre-owned Minelab Explorer SE. Used with the SEF 12X10 coil it is deep. My deepest coin find in the first year I've owned it was an IH cent at 10" deep in my pounded back yard. I'm still learning this detector and I know I will find deeper coins and relics. GL and HH. Matt

I've decided to sell my AT pro. I'm not clicking with it. It's a clad killer but it lacks on depth. So now I'm stuck again as to what detector to get! I want something as deep or deeper than my AT pro. My budget is around 500$ and my choices I'm looking at are, omega 8k, F5, and F70. I want the best detector for deeper coins. I'll be hunting parks, trashy parks and older homesites. So any thoughts? And another question is, who to buy from? Best prices?

-Ryan

(If anyone is interested in an AT pro that has a pretty big scratch on the screen, pm me, if no one does, I'll be posting on classifieds.

Thanks.

Where at in MI. are you...

Just so you'll know for sure, you should grid out an area where you suspect your ATP is not finding the "deep stuff" overlapping your coil a lot, then when you get your new machine, go to the same area and do the same... I'm suspecting there wont be much more found... I pull coins at 10 inches all the time. But I overlap my swings so much, I hear shallow targets 4 times before they eventually are behind my coil... Running the smaller coil, a penny at 10 inches can only be heard in one spot, two inches forward, or back and you wont hear a thing... Do you understand how the field is shaped like a bowl, or a D? Where as the deepest items must be detected with the bottom of the bowl, that is only 2 inches, where as the top of the bowl is 8 inches?

You can swing pretty fast with the ATP, but your forward progression should only be a few inches per swing if your looking to get everything that is really deep... I actually swing twice over everything...

<*)))>{

-Ryan

Thanks.

Kinda like selling a new car before the ash tray gets full.

Omega, F5 and F70 are chatty, but great machines. If coins are your thing, I'd look at the F5 and Omega. The newer Omegas are shielded better and aren't affected by EMI as the previous ones.

With the AT Pro, I get pretty good depth. I get even better depth with headphones turned up higher and listening for the deep iffy signals, including the ones that don't get an ID. They are sometimes the best finds- I've dug small items down well past the top of the Lesche!

Also, I have heard that the concentric coils for the AT Pro get more depth-- but I haven't tried them. Maybe Bart or someone who has experience with these can chime in?

Back
Top Bottom