headphones

donaldmyduck

how many don't bother with headphones? I have an ace 350 and very rarely use the headphones. other than when you are in an area where there is a lot of background noise or where you are with other people using their machines. why would you wear them? is there an advantage? am I missing something?
DMD

Yep, big advantage if you want to get good. :D

Also, it’s nice not to beep and bop people out of a park.

I used my ACE 250 without headphones for over 2 years.
What a mistake:mad:
Get the phones, you will not regret it.

Headphones

The biggest advantage to headphones is that they conserve your batteries! It's easier to miss targets also with the MD speaker, and it attracts attention, especially from kids! I have wireless headsets for my three MDs. The Deus comes with wireless everything, I bought a set of Whites Spectrasound for my VX3, and I bought a cheap set of Rapoo H3070s for my F75se. I have 2 wired headsets, one Garrett set and a set of cheap Calrad's, they were both sent free with some used MDs I bought or traded. I got my H3070 wireless Rapoo refurbed from Amazon for $25. They work with my F75 but I only tested them in my house? I haven't used them for actual hunting yet? Some wireless Headsets need an added inline volume control on certain MDs that don't have a volume Control? I advise you at least get a headset, whether it is wired or wireless, I'm to much of a spaz for the wired sets... GL & HH......Pat

how many don't bother with headphones? I have an ace 350 and very rarely use the headphones. other than when you are in an area where there is a lot of background noise or where you are with other people using their machines. why would you wear them? is there an advantage? am I missing something?
DMD

you know dd,i do indeed use headphones but as of late,i have not been.perhaps it is due to the sweat generated when i wear them.I can honestly not tell any difference but then there is not much background noise or people where i hunt.

my battery lasts about the same amount of time w/or w/out headphone use.if my battery is depleated quicker,i find it negligible.i swing a tesoro cibola that does not have a wired in set of headphones so perhaps my post is a moot point.

I have never used the headphones with the ACE 350, except for my first time playing with it in my yard. For the AT Pro, the headphones are a MUST, especially in Pro mode. There is sooo much more going on with the audio information from the AT Pro that you need the headphones to really hear it... subtle sound differences that just aren't there with the ACE series. I feel the headphones aren't really needed with the ACE. Plus the ATP's speaker isn't as loud b/c it's waterproof.

100 % headphone user here!

I don't go out without them. On my 250 it just makes me less obvious to others around me, with my Surf PI, they are hardwired and it's not an option to not use phones...

BUT on my Sovereign, that Sovereign makes such sweet sounds for all the different targets, it's almost like listening to a concert and I have really gotten good at picking out every nuance of the tones it plays for me.

I use headphones for my Ace 250. The recharable batteries I use last about three times longer with headphones than without. I also am concious of the lound sounds the Ace makes. Sometimes if there are people in the park I want to keep tabs on, I just uncover one ear to makesure I can hear properly. There is built in volume control on my headphones too. So you don't do deaf with the Ace. You can buy after market inline volume controls if your headset did not come with them, or if the 350 did not get a volume knob.

Back
Top Bottom