cordless headphones??

strack350

Are these available? OR can I make a pair myself, I am pretty handy with tools and small electronics. I think it would be nice to not have the cord hanging aroud all the time. Let me know what everyone thinks ;)

sounds interesting, I'll have to look into it some more. :D thanks for posting that

You can convert kids 'Walki Talkies' in about an hour with no parts needed except for a jackplug. Really no electronics knowledge needed as long as you can soldier the jack on and connect the receiver to your headphones. Can cost as little as $10.
If you want to buy pre converted headphones Highland Innovation www.highland-innovation.com
in the U.K. have a sale on at present. Single frequency £69 sterling, multichannel £85 or digital £95.

I tried the xmtr to FM headphone setup but found all of the 4 freq were noisy and faded in and out. Useless at my location, so I returned the xmtr I got from Wally World.
pop

thanks alot for posting that link, now i have to "scrounge" up some parts and drag out an old set of headphones i have and try the conversion. thanks again, the pictures help. :lol:

I believe you can make them work

I got thre sets of wireless phones . 1- infared, and 2- FM sets....Wouldn't do it any other way! FREEDOM
This is the wifes Teknetic Turbo Competition

TEK3.jpg

Here's my Garrett 2500 we really like wireless when you can use them they are the greatest.
Long as you were at the spot first , ask the other guy to turn his off if it interfers. That's why the wife has Infared and I use the FM model, we hunt side by side no problems!

DCP_3857.jpg

Hope this helps!
KCK

very intersting, i have tried "unsuccesfuly" to make a pair, and they were just downright ugly. did you buy these, or did you make them?

After many hours of searching an ideal wireless headphones I found "Macally BlueWave Bluetooth Headset". The main plus of this headset I see in the option to use standard AAA batteries, rather than built-in and usually not-replaceable batteries like in other BT and infra headsets. Also, according the reviews, its sound quality is great so you can use it also with your stereo, which is, of course, the main purpose of this headset ;)

The drawback is its price, which is around $80-100. And according some reviews, the built quality is not great for such a price..so I'm not quite sure yet.

Here is a review..
http://www.techedgeezine.com/2005_0802_macally-bluewave1.htm

I've found a way to make my cordless headphones and FM transmitter from Wal-Mart work. I use a basic FM transmitter (about $20) with Belkin cordless headphones (also about $20). The problem with this set up is the white noise is constantly on, which drives me crazy! So . . . I wear the headphones around my neck. I can still hear the tones clearly, but can't hear any white noise. Freedom at last!!!!

one serious problem with the vast majority of cordless headphones is signal delay...in other words the time it takes for the signal to reach the headphones after the detector has passed over it...in some cases as bad as 2 seconds which make them useless for detecting purposes...i am fortunate that the machine i use as my primary detector has a wireless headphone transmittier built in to the control box and the phones themselves are custom made by the manufacturer..they are very expensive at £130 but they are superb

I use a set of Blue Tooth earphones from shaper image.Thy work very well.I have no delay .http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/search1/searchresults.jhtml?_DARGS=/us/en/include/standardheader1.jhtml.13

Did you ever see/use the Richard Dodds cordless phones from 20 years back Argentum. No battery at the control box so the transmitter was smaller than a car ignition key. Used the audio as the power source.
He produced the Sensor 7K detector and a detector with no wire from the coil to the control box. All clever stuff.

Back
Top Bottom