First Time Out With My F2 - Not Sure How I set It Up?

JohnnyFlake

I have been out a few times now with my BH Tracker IV and I am actually finding a lot of stuff, common coins, trash, etc. but almost everything I dig is at about 4" or less.

Today I took out my new F2 for the first time and I must admit, I am a bit confused with how to set it up. Anyway after playing with settings and hunting, I finally shut it down again and then lite it up again. This time after it was up and running I hit the negative button 3 times and did nothing else. After a bit I hit a beer bottle cap that was giving me 35/40 at about 4"/5". is that normal?

What surprised me though, is that I hit a 60/65 and it ended up being a chrome .357 shell casing that was about 6" down, maybe 6.5"

What did I do?

That seems like a good setting but I am not happy with the beer bottle cap.

I have been out a few times now with my BH Tracker IV and I am actually finding a lot of stuff, common coins, trash, etc. but almost everything I dig is at about 4" or less.

Today I took out my new F2 for the first time and I must admit, I am a bit confused with how to set it up. Anyway after playing with settings and hunting, I finally shut it down again and then lite it up again. This time after it was up and running I hit the negative button 3 times and did nothing else. After a bit I hit a beer bottle cap that was giving me 35/40 at about 4"/5". is that normal?

What surprised me though, is that I hit a 60/65 and it ended up being a chrome .357 shell casing that was about 6" down, maybe 6.5"

What did I do?

That seems like a good setting but I am not happy with the beer bottle cap.

What negative button did you hit 3 times?
There are 2.

What do you mean you are not happy with the bottle cap?

What negative button did you hit 3 times?
There are 2.

What do you mean you are not happy with the bottle cap?

It was the left one. That's an interesting question, as I thought that both were the same. I am confused. For some reason, what I am reading, in the instruction manual is not sinking in for me. Is there a better source of info on the F2?

For the bottle cap, I was surprised at the depth it was picked up, thinking it would have been eliminated.

It was the left one. That's an interesting question, as I thought that both were the same. I am confused. For some reason, what I am reading, in the instruction manual is not sinking in for me. Is there a better source of info on the F2?

For the bottle cap, I was surprised at the depth it was picked up, thinking it would have been eliminated.

Uhh, you have a lot to learn.

The left button is the sensitivity, hit that minus button and it turns down the sense.
Even on the lowest setting the F2 will still go deep.

The right button will notch out sections as you hit the plus button, it brings them back in when you hit the minus button.

The bottle cap was not eliminated because all you did was turn down the sensitivity, everything was still in play and that cap came in at tabs.

The F2 will jump around on the numbers, that is normal, but if you swing slow enough over the target and get it near the center of your coil you should get those jumps down to only 2 numbers, (which I consider a solid, digable signal), or just one stable number.

There is so much more to learn and you can do it, but that involves plenty of hunting time and, if you are up to it, a lot of reading.

Join this F2 social group and read what is there.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/group.php?groupid=189

Then sit back, relax, get a cold drink and read this as much as you can.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53930

More to read...

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=116326

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=164265

And I have written much more about the F2 if you can find it.

Ask about anything specific and there are plenty of users good with this thing around here that will be glad to help.

Johnny, You are currently talking with the best source of info...Digger 27. He is tops. Listen to him and you will learn infinitely more than you would if just reading a manual...ANY manual.

I truly appreciate your taking the time to provide all the input that you have, Digger27.

I am sure this newer technology will take a bit of time to learn but I will follow your advise and check out the links you have provided.

Also, head to youtube and put 'fisher f2' in the search field. there are a ton of vids on that fine detector. Have patience--it'll work out! :)

Back
Top Bottom