Wheat Pennies Galore And 5 Silver Coins On Top

beephead

Elite Member
I headed out this morning to do a little detecting and on the way I spot JimTN's car and Jim out doing a little swinging with his Omega detector. I stopped and said hi and then headed on out to where I was planning to do my detecting today.

The first site I stopped at was loaded up with wheat pennies. Finding them kept me spurred on to keep on digging because I knew that there had to be some silver around there somewhere. I finally cornered a Rosie and a Mercury dime. Also I found a Jackson TN Parking Meter Token and a Good For Five Cent Token before leaving and heading out to another site. This mid-fifties home is built on a old plantation site so you just never know what might pop up.

At the second site I managed to find a couple of Rosie dimes and a pendant. Tired and wore out I head for home. On the way home I spot a house that was having a yard sale. I'm sucker for yard sales, so pulled in and looked around. I ended up buying some CD's from the owner. I decided to ask him for permission to detect his yard. He said have at it.

Right off, on my very first dig at the edge of the sidewalk, I popped another Rosie dime. The only other coins that I found where clad. The grass was thick and at least 4 to 5 inches tall in most of the yard, which made detecting almost impossible so I gave up and headed for home. Oh yeah, I thanked the owner and give him a keychain light for being so nice. He really liked it.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 225
Congratulations on a productive day, 5 silver days aren't that easy to come by anymore. 1964 seemed to be the predominant date on your Rosies, a '44 Mercury was my last silver found 3 weeks ago, than again I've only been out once since.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Isnt there anybody out there that says "No, get lost!" to our Brother Beephead?:laughing: I'm amazed with how you roll up on a strangers site and get those permissions! Also good to hear Jimmy is out and about and hunting...
Nice finds and a LOT of targets you old silver grabber! I think you are trying to find some more gold looking at those targets and the target volumn...You sure were not fooling around!

Beep, as usual, great hunt ! You are for sure a silver magnet. If you drain much more silver from the earth down there the axis may slip and the earth could tilt. Good luck and HH Mark

That's looks like a pretty productive outing you had. Congrats on all of the silver and other cool finds!

Isnt there anybody out there that says "No, get lost!" to our Brother Beephead?:laughing: I'm amazed with how you roll up on a strangers site and get those permissions! Also good to hear Jimmy is out and about and hunting...
Nice finds and a LOT of targets you old silver grabber! I think you are trying to find some more gold looking at those targets and the target volumn...You sure were not fooling around!

i'm still lucky to find a wheat penny. You guys are lucky

Congratulations on a productive day, 5 silver days aren't that easy to come by anymore. 1964 seemed to be the predominant date on your Rosies, a '44 Mercury was my last silver found 3 weeks ago, than again I've only been out once since.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Thanks! Finding silver isn't easy nowadays. You have to work for it.

Thanks! The trick to getting permission is to get them to liking you before you pop the question. In this case there were several people shopping at the yard sale and while I was looking at the microphone, stand and amp, I exclaimed out loudly that I come this close to becoming a rock star (using my thumb and finger to show how close). One of the shoppers said you're kidding and I replied, no I'm totally serious. The owner of the home, said what happened? I told him that I couldn't sing a lick or carry a tune. He said you played a guitar? I said no, I couldn't play any musical instruments either, but I was loaded up with good looks and charisma. They all fell out laughing.

Beep, as usual, great hunt ! You are for sure a silver magnet. If you drain much more silver from the earth down there the axis may slip and the earth could tilt. Good luck and HH Mark
Thanks! There's plenty of silver still out there to be found.

That's looks like a pretty productive outing you had. Congrats on all of the silver and other cool finds!
Thanks! I was hoping for some big silver, but I'll take what I can find.

i'm still lucky to find a wheat penny. You guys are lucky
Thanks! It's mostly about detecting a good site.

Nice hunt, congrats on the silvers! :)
Thanks! I love finding them.

beephead

its not about finding a good site up here... state was formed towards the end of the wheaties and very few people around in those days.

Back
Top Bottom