T2 Classic depth?

Joe6112

Finally got around to playing with my new T2 Classic. I through a quarter , nickel and minie ball in top of the grass with sensitivity set about 90. I noticed doing the airtest I wasn't get much depth at all. Any suggestions or thoughts?

T2 that I had seemed to be deepest with disc set at 50,or absolutely no disc at all.Not sure why it was so deep at disc set at 50 but it was,I also read others had same result..but it's a deep machine for sure,maybe take it out,that's where the real results happen..good luck

The T2 classic is a great machine. I've never air tested but know it works well on targets in the dirt. I normally always run sensitivity between 60-75, it is most stable and will hunt deep at the lower settings. The disc set at either 15 or 40 but as mentioned, bumping the disc setting 50 seems to bump up the gain on my machine as well. Lately I 've been running it at disc 50 and sens at 80 but it is taxing to do so, one might better run at lower settings and get accustom to what it is telling you or you will be digging a ton of deep nails. Do yourself a favor and pick up a Nel sharpshooter coil. It is a great coil for the T2, tone clarity and target separation is better than the stock coil and It might give up a slight depth advantage over the bigger stock coil but it will surprise you on how well it works on the T2.

I learned something today. I found a deep silver dime with the CTX.I exchanged machines with the T2 classic, sharpshooter coil.At my original settings, it would not recognize the target.After cranking the sensitivity up to 95, it just give a loud snap noise after cranking the sensitivity up to hit it.I was using 3 tones, 95 sensitivity, disc 40. The T2 was still calm at 95 sens setting. I went to 1 tone from 3 and it gave a signal tone and ID ? Does one tone run deeper than multi tones ? Maybe less to process since there is only one tone. That smaller Nel sharp shooter coil can hit a 9"+ deep merc dime if certain settings are selected.

That t2 is a very over looked machine..experiments like you did is how we find out the best way to performance..But to run in one tone would just be basically all metal.

That t2 is a very over looked machine..experiments like you did is how we find out the best way to performance..But to run in one tone would just be basically all metal.

I am wanting a Detech 10 x 12 or a 12x15 coil for it now.I figured the small sharp shooter wouldn't be able to pick it up at all. It was a pleasant surprise

I am wanting a Detech 10 x 12 or a 12x15 coil for it now.I figured the small sharp shooter wouldn't be able to pick it up at all. It was a pleasant surprise

I've read the nel coils outperform detech coils on Teknetics and fisher machines..can't say from experience,just what I've read

I've read the nel coils outperform detech coils on Teknetics and fisher machines..can't say from experience,just what I've read

Bigger coils tend to lose the ability to see small targets . That doesn't seem to be the case with the Detech coils or so I'm by someone who uses both brands of coils.

Seems I read somewhere that the best depth was at disc set at either 10 or 50.

If you are sweeping the coil along and you hear a "tick...tick" instead of a beep, scramble to single tone and sensitivity settings to find a signal because there is something there. I call it a snap sound but it can be best described as "tick" sound.....

Seems I read somewhere that the best depth was at disc set at either 10 or 50.

Best depth will be with 0 disc. As you increase discrimination, you are removing bits of signal. The higher the discrimination, the more data is removed from the signal. At zero disc, you do not degrade the signal at all, though, I imagine it could be pretty noisy.

I know that's typical with most detectors but I found a part from a review of the T2 that stated otherwise.

"When the T2 is set at disc 50 it goes into overdrive which is a big boost in gain. I dont know if its designed this way or it just happens but you can def use it to your advantage! Disc 50, and Disc 5, give you extreme power boost and if this is causing your interference just change them a notch and it will tune it down some."

This was from a review from tomstreasure.com. I don't own one so I'm not trying to trump anyone here. Just sharing something I remembered reading. Take it for what it's worth. Just trying to share some info. I will say this will likely be my next detector as it seems like a great detector the money.

I use 60 to 70 sens,10 disc,3 and 4 tones/ or all metal with man gb . . I still exp.with other settings but Im handy cap and dont hunt very long l cant. we all do what we can.HH and GL

Back
Top Bottom