Tesoro Golden uMax ground balance in disc mode

HistoryStudent

I recently purchased a Tesoro Golden uMax, my first Tesoro, and the ground balance can only be adjusted via an internal trim pot. I was considering adding an external GB knob but in the course of my research I began finding postings about some Tesoro machines that only allow manual GB in all metal mode only while keeping disc mode as auto/preset gb. Since I hunt primarily in disc mode, it would not make sense to bother adjusting the ground balance if it wouldn't made a difference on my Golden uMax.

Does anyone know if adjusting the GB on the Golden has any positive effect on the disc mode? The soil that I primarily hunt is fairly minerally (a 92 on the AT Pro) and I doubt that Tesoro's preset GB is set for anything that high.

Thanks

I wouldn't..

Adjusting GB in disc on the Golden may give you problems with accuracy of discrimination. None of Tesoro's target ID models have a GB adjustable disc circuit. I'd leave it alone on the Golden and use it as is.

Too late. I adjusted it via the internal trim to just slightly negative in All Metal mode. This should make it just right in disc mode. I took it out for a test and found three US collar disks, two dog tags, a Corona brand pruner and a 1945 wheat penny. None of it was real deep but I plan to do a formal depth test to see how deep it can see a collar disk.

Too late. I adjusted it via the internal trim to just slightly negative in All Metal mode. This should make it just right in disc mode. I took it out for a test and found three US collar disks, two dog tags, a Corona brand pruner and a 1945 wheat penny. None of it was real deep but I plan to do a formal depth test to see how deep it can see a collar disk.
Did the tone segments change? Seems like I remember it affected the tones.

Back
Top Bottom