AT Pro Test Run - Big Silver

beephead

Elite Member
This is my second AT Pro and I totally forgot how deep it is using the small 5 x 8 inch DD search coil. I was nailing 7 and 8 inch deep wheat pennies with it. Some of the deep ones sounded like they were near the surface they rang out so loud and clear.

I was working a permission today (a early forties home) when the man next door yelled out and asked if I was finding anything. I said not much, how about letting me detect your front yard. He was a little hesitant, so whipped out a couple of key chain lights and handed them to him. I was in like Flint.

Right off the bat I got a super loud audio response and a VDI #91 on the screen, a half dollar reading. I figured it was going to be a brass fitting or smashed aluminum can. Nope, it was 1943 Walking Liberty about 1 inch deep.

Anyway, a guy from across the street yelled out and asked if I found anything. I said yeah, come take a look. I showed him my Walker and talked with him for awhile. I said why don't you let me see what I can find in your yard? He said OK, so I reached in my pocket a pull out a couple of key chains lights and handed them to him. He really like them. I told him that I probably won't be able to get to his yard today and would have to come back at another date. He said anytime would be fine.

The guy's yard that I was detecting came back out and said that could detect his backyard If I wanted to. I headed straight to the old clothesline posts that were still standing and found a sterling ring and few more wheat pennies. I was wore out and my knee was acting up, so I called it a day. As I was leaving the owner said that he probably could get me permission to detect the yard next door. He said he'd let me know when he saw me back out there.

I made one last run between the curb and sidewalk where my SUV was parked and found a sterling bracelet and a huge 15 to 20 coin spill (mostly quarters and dimes. Too bad they weren't silver coins. LOL

beephead

Attachments

• AT Pro Big Silver 001.jpg
    AT Pro Big Silver 001.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 574
  • AT Pro Big Silver 003.jpg
    AT Pro Big Silver 003.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 467
  • AT Pro Big Silver 004.jpg
    AT Pro Big Silver 004.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 482
  • AT Pro Big Silver 006.jpg
    AT Pro Big Silver 006.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 560
  • AT Pro Big Silver 007.jpg
    AT Pro Big Silver 007.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 578
  • AT Pro Big Silver 008.jpg
    AT Pro Big Silver 008.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 477
  • AT Pro Big Silver 016.jpg
    AT Pro Big Silver 016.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 466
  • AT Pro Big Silver 011.jpg
    AT Pro Big Silver 011.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 485
Wow! You're off to another great year! That bracelet is amazing/ That is probably a WWII era Army Air Corp item. Very nice. Congrats.

Great haul! 7-8 inches seems to be close to the limit with that coil, but that's more than enough depth to find most the goods! that's my favorite coil made by Garrett by far. HH!

While having dinner tonight with my wife, I stated how in the hell does someone lose a great big ole silver dollar. I can see someone losing a dime or an occasional quarter, but not a big ole silver half dollar. A silver half dollar back in the forties was a lot of money. My wife told me that she knew how the money was most likely lost. Parents and Grandparents would give young kids silver half dollars as presents and they'd go outside and lose them. That's what kids do best, lose things. I did find a marble near the Walker.

beephead

Your killing me..lol...congrats on all the silver!

Thanks! I've already tricked it out with a F75 aluminum arm cuff. The cuff can be formed to your arm and there is no need for a strap. Now I need to figure out a a stand for it. It's a hot little detector.

beephead

Pulling hands out of pockets and sitting down stuff comes out of the pockets. Grass you don't hear it hit. I replied on TNET. I love the Army Airforce Bracelet!! Awesome. I found a Silver and gold Ring with the same insignia on it. Matches perfect!! Great finds BeepHead!!

We love your posts Beep! We learn a lot from them! Outstanding finds and really nice work on the permissions and those little lights was a hell of an idea! Off to a Great Start Brother!
Mud

Good day

Looks like you had a real good day. Two new permissions is huge. I'm jealous, still in search of my first big silver and the walker is no. 1 on my list. What up with key chains ? Also the religious medal to the right of the clad in your pic, what is it ? Maybe get a close up of it ? I'm wishin ya luck allthough you don't seem to need it. HH Mark

Hey,the atp isn't in your signature?
Whats that modded arm cuff?
Grats on the loot.

Thanks! I just got the AT Pro and I haven't had the chance to update my signature. I also have a Nokta Fors Core headed my way. The new arm cuff came off of a F75. I'm also thinking of other ways to make the AT Pro easier to swing. I think that arm cuff needs to be set higher so it will better balance the detector.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom