Woods/Field hunting with a T2SE

AJinNJ

Forum Supporter
Looking for some T2 hunters advice, apologies if this is long and asking a lot of questions.

I'm giving the T2SE a second chance, this past year I've gone through many detectors and have circled back a few times. I know many have praised the T2SE as their go to woods machine (thanks to Jressman and Coindog1) for the inspiration! I have a pretty fast swing and like to cover a lot of area as the spots I hunt can be pretty huge.

I guess my question is what I should be digging. With the Etrac I find myself cherry picking 90% of the time and usually will only dig 12-30 and up in the woods. I'm after a primary coin target. I will also did 12-12 on the nut 75% of the time it's a bullet or shotgun shell but will be a nickel occasionally.

I plan on trying the following in Disc mode

Sen 99 or whatever I can get high enough to be stable
Disc 22
1+

I know the T2SE ID's in real time and you can't trust the numbers, so I plan on digging anything above 40?... however with the T2 numbers will jump, when do you walk and when do you dig?

For example

numbers jumpy 45-56-72-58 etc
or do you only dig when they're closer in range 70-76-72 etc. ?

I guess a lot of this depends on conditions and experience

Thanks for any help.

I dont have a T2 but i have a F70 and the numbers are the same. I hunt fields. I dig every signal above iron but i listen to the iron as well. A month ago i dug a signal that hit at 27. Turned out to be a 3 cent made of nickel. I also dug a signal 2 weeks ago that hit at 54. Turned out to be a 3 cent silver. If you pass the low tones you will be passing on some good targets. Just my opinion

In fields and woods I dig every repeatable signal. I have dug buttons mixed with iron that IDs in the 30s.

Usually once you break though the ground the signal cleans up.

I usually double check signals in All-Metal

Can't beat the T2SE/F75LTD for relic hunting early sites with little modern trash. I set my T2SE up with gain at 80, disc at 10, and in 2+ tones. I dig any repeatable signal from 90 degrees in both directions. I don't pay much attention to the ID number and usually just use the tone to decide whether to dig or not. If I find myself digging a lot of small buck balls I might pass over some lower tones but in the colonial sites that I hunt any signal could be a good recovery. With some practice you will know immediately if you have a good target or not by the sound of the tone.

This machine has a very fast processor so you can swing it pretty fast but have to listen carefully so you don't miss anything. If you don't mind hearing a lot of iron "grunts" you should lower your disc so you don't null out over a good target that is sitting beside iron.

Field hunting on the F75SE i used to run sens 99, Disc 1, 2H, notch 1 in BP

Thanks for all the tips everyone, It'll take some getting used to but I agree, digging everything repeatable is probably a good start..

Realized this thread should prob be moved into "All about Detectors" section, sorry about that.

Field hunting on the F75SE i used to run sens 99, Disc 1, 2H, notch 1 in BP

I ran the same settings on my LTD, 'cept I used 3 tone...I ran a T2 set the same way, and am running the Omega at 99 sens, 1 disc, 1 notch and 3 tone. You'll figure quick what headstamps and bullets vdi at, the woods will be full of them. I'd dig anything that wasn't iron, and even sample some of that to get a feel for the area. The numbers don't mean as much as the tones do...

The T2SE is one amazing little machine. I am a relic hunter, and I recently decided to sell my CTX3030; from now on it's just going to be my T2SE and Blisstool as a cleanup machine. Why, you ask? The T2 is wayyyy lighter and in certain cases it has more depth!

I am still a bit green with the T2, but I have no problem finding colonial goodness with it in the fields or woods.

BTW, I hunt with Jressman and Coindog all the time, and everything I know about my T2 is from them. Heed their advice closely!

Same here. Went from CTX > Etrac>T2SE.

My passion is woods and fields. I rarely hit parks anymore and never water hunt.

T2SE will be it for me. and the Eurotek Pro will be the backup/buddy machine.

Most of the time I hunt in 4H but when hitting a new site like a ghost town or some old cellar hole I will hunt in monotone and dig all good hits of 13 and higher, and in 2H I will dig all the high tones. I think the 1 dollar gold coin will vdi at about 13 to 20 something. So don't use to much disc.
The numbers will be a good bit more jumpier then on your Etrac,but the F75/T2 is seeing more. The snapshots that the F75/T2 are sending out are way more faster then the Etrac signals so I think that is way the VDI's bounce more, just a difference in the circuitry.

Back
Top Bottom