Maiden voyage with mojave yields gold!

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
I recently traded an airgun for a new mojave. Just got it yesterday and took it to the same park I went to on Wednesday where I found two silvers. Well today started out slow with me just digging junk. After about 40 minutes I headed over to the bathroom and on tbe way I had to cross the football field. Was swinging as I walked and got a signal when I was almost across the field. Dug it and this 10k ring was 2 inches down! Luckily last night I took my smallest gold ring that I have and air tested it to see where it disced and that's where I had my disc set...halfway on the white.

Attachments

• 20171117_145236-1-1.jpg
    20171117_145236-1-1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 194
Big Super Congrats on the GOLD RING!!!!!!!!

My gold ring count went down from averaging one every two months to nothing, since I stopped swinging my Tesoro detectors. I'm getting the urge to get back out with them. The smallest gold ring that I have for testing discriminates out just a tad higher than halfway in the white. It pays to do some testing before getting out in the field. My Mojave paid for itself many times over in short order.

beephead

There ya go...got out for awhile then got back in and silver and gold shows up with two different detectors.
Was the silver found with the F70?
If so you can see why these are what I use and love switching between them.
Both fun, and productive, but in completely different ways.
If I didn't have that option to switch between them this hobby wouldn't be as enjoyable for me.

CongratZ on all the precious metal you have found lately!

Thats a really nice gold, congrats!
Thanks!
Sweet score!!
Thank you!
Big Super Congrats on the GOLD RING!!!!!!!!

My gold ring count went down from averaging one every two months to nothing, since I stopped swinging my Tesoro detectors. I'm getting the urge to get back out with them. The smallest gold ring that I have for testing discriminates out just a tad higher than halfway in the white. It pays to do some testing before getting out in the field. My Mojave paid for itself many times over in short order.

beephead
Even though the band is broken, the mojave picked it up nicely! I was on the fence about trading as I thought the mojave would be very similar to my 8" compadre, but after some backyard testing I was definitely wrong. It's more powerful and goes deeper, plus it's more balanced than the compadre with the 8" coil. I'm looking forward to trying it on some other sites.
Just an FYI: as I was heading back to the car I set maxed out the disc and got a strong signal, I then turned the sensitivity down to 1, the minimum, and still got the same strong signal. It was clad quarter at a measured 3.5" still hitting strong on min. disc!

There ya go...got out for awhile then got back in and silver and gold shows up with two different detectors.
Was the silver found with the F70?
If so you can see why these are what I use and love switching between them.
Both fun, and productive, but in completely different ways.
If I didn't have that option to switch between them this hobby wouldn't be as enjoyable for me.

CongratZ on all the precious metal you have found lately!
Thanks Digger! Yes, I found the silver with the F70 using the little 5" coil. That coil is amazing, even using it on a large field where I found that stuff. That particular field of that park is the only place I've seen other guys detecting. Don't know why, but I still picked up those two silvers and 14 quarters...some down at 6" mark with that little coil.

Nice one Toad! You sure have found a good share of gold rings in a short time at this Sport!
Thanks Mud! This was my 8th gold ring for the year and 9th since I got started.

Here's some better pics of the ring now that I've cleaned it up.

Attachments

• IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2244.jpg
    IMG_2244.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2245.jpg
    IMG_2245.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2246.jpg
    IMG_2246.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 124
Nice Find with the Mojave!

I too have been impressed at what the Mojave can do given it's "low" dollar cost. I had a long discussion with Rusty at Tesoro about the Mojave and his opinion is that it's a "fun" detector and he was right.

I've found the Mojave very handy to just grab and go to determine if a site or field actually has anything to offer then you can go back to the truck to fire up the big iron rather than unpacking a bunch of stuff.

It's ultra light and ultra simple which also makes it a great choice if newbies or kids want to try their hand at metal detecting.

I recently joined the new Century by getting a new E-Trac and I'm sure it will keep me busy for sometime but my Tesoro's will remain and continue to be used.

You'll be pleasantly surprised at what the Mojave can do.

I recently traded an airgun for a new mojave. Just got it yesterday and took it to the same park I went to on Wednesday where I found two silvers. Well today started out slow with me just digging junk. After about 40 minutes I headed over to the bathroom and on tbe way I had to cross the football field. Was swinging as I walked and got a signal when I was almost across the field. Dug it and this 10k ring was 2 inches down! Luckily last night I took my smallest gold ring that I have and air tested it to see where it disced and that's where I had my disc set...halfway on the white.

That's a really nice ring. I love smooth lines on gold rings like that. Very cool!

It has stopped surprising me, when I find nice stuff walking too and from bathrooms and vehicles. Always be swinging!

Back
Top Bottom