Two silvers after not hunting for a while

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
Let me start by saying I've been sick since the beginning of sept. Started having a fever and aches and pains and it wouldn't go away. To make a long story short, after many, many tests and a 6 day hospital stay I have a blood infection that settled in my upper aorta graft that I had put in 5 years ago along with an aortic valve. I'm now on home IV antibiotics and the chances are good that I'll have to have open heart surgery again to replace everything they put in the first time. Right now I feel well and am getting my strength back, but in the coming weeks they will do another CT scan of my heart and see if the infection has subsided or not. I'm hoping it will go away with just the antibiotics...just have to wait and see.

So, I finally got out today for a 4 hour hunt and found a 1952 Rosie and a children's .925 bracelet. Also found a little over $5 in clad. All this at a park that I've found two gold rings and a silver ring and lots of clad. Hopefully I'll get out again this week.

BTW, this silver dime is only the 5th silver coin I've found since I started MD'ing a little over a year ago. In fact I've found more gold rings than silver coins! So it was a big surprise to me to see shiny in the hole!

Attachments

• IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2235.jpg
    IMG_2235.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 148
Seeing all those pull tabs and tiny scraps, it doesn't surprise me at all that you have more gold rings than silver coins! Keep up the great work as much as you can.

Nice Hunt there Toad! Thats a lot of diggin for coming off that kind of hurt...I was wondering what was going on with you...You sure took to this Sport in a hurry and got real good real fast!

All the best wishes for a successful recovery and many more years behind the coil Brother!

Congrats on the Silva! Hope all goes well with your heart, not an organ to take lightly. Happy hunting!
Thank you!

I Wish You Well! At least you were able to get out and find some nice silver. Big Congrats!

beephead
Thanks Beep, and yes it felt good to get out.
Seeing all those pull tabs and tiny scraps, it doesn't surprise me at all that you have more gold rings than silver coins! Keep up the great work as much as you can.
Yeah, I probably dig too many signals in the gold range, but I'm always optimistic for gold:lol:

Nice hunting! I like those trinkets the kids leave behind for us to find! Congratz! And hope your infection clears up, sounds like the dr's have a good handle on it now.
My 7 year old daughter loves the bracelet. Luckily her twin sister doesn't:lol:
Right now I'm feeling pretty good...my wife and I went on a fairly strenuous hike today.
Nice Hunt there Toad! Thats a lot of diggin for coming off that kind of hurt...I was wondering what was going on with you...You sure took to this Sport in a hurry and got real good real fast!

All the best wishes for a successful recovery and many more years behind the coil Brother!
Yep it was a lot of digging...my lower back was sore:lol: Thanks for the kind words I appreciate it.

Congrats on the Rosie, sterling and the rest...good to see you digging again!
Thanks Captain! I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow.

Prayers sent for your health. Congrats on you silver finds. finding more gold than silver is always good.. HH

Nice job on the hunt! Great finds! I will definitely pray for a safe recovery... get well, and thanks for posting. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom