a couple saves ... PLEASE HELP me ID this Guy!

Dewsweeper894

Elite Member
Saturday I scouted a new honey hole. Grabbed a couple keepers in about 45 min and went home.
I go back Sunday and can find Nothing. The Many signals there the day before we're now gone😐
After about 2 hours of nothing I stumble onto this guy!
He extracts a shiney silver dime from a seemingless bottomless cavern like plug.

He then turns to me and smiles 😎 Said , "that's it kid ." This place is now cleared . Best if you move on .
😳

Any help with an ID on this Guy would be very helpful. All of my good spots are now seemingly hopeless for silver .
Thanks again
, Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1614.jpg
    IMG_1614.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 286
Great to see a pair of high rollers chasing and digging the shiny's. The Super Hero and the Mean Machine. Wonder, did the Boy Wonder (Bret) join in on this party? Congrats Dew's on the GW and the Silver Thimble. I Hope IDX did as well. Sorry I could not join in, did have a pretty good day on the river and got in lots of skinning plus some of the garden work. Hope to get out towards the end of the week. Trapper

great job guys!!! love the fact you both are sucking silver out of the ground in Nov!!!

HAHA.........
It happens my man, it happens.........

I see hes wearing the harness! I've never seen anyone sportin the minelab harness.....Its so so bulky its self.......I can't imagine myself strapping that thing on before every single hunt.......That 17inch does get heavy after a while tho.......
Good luck id ing your intruder........Why didn't you just ask him?

HAHA.........
It happens my man, it happens.........

I see hes wearing the harness! I've never seen anyone sportin the minelab harness.....Its so so bulky its self.......I can't imagine myself strapping that thing on before every single hunt.......That 17inch does get heavy after a while tho.......
Good luck id ing your intruder........Why didn't you just ask him?

Just ask him?
As he got up he didn't clip that harness to his machine . He clipped it to his Finds Pouch ! 👀
I was shaking .... I couldn't move much less speak.

One of the things I love about hunting with Dew Sweeper and Son is that he's a great storyteller!:lol: For those that don't know(and why would you) that is me digging up another wheat cent out of a park that has a lot of potential but just wasn't handing stuff out yesterday. Being as it has enough age and the variety of things that have happened there,it IS holding many great finds,I'm positive. We just didn't bag too many yesterday,the '23 Merc and a couple wheats were my finds in there....so far! We will get some more guys together and find out what's really in there when we have more time and a bit better weather,though yesterday turned out pretty nice for November around here!
As for the harness,I think Bobac mentioned it...I was wearing many layers,that's why it looks so bulky. I will only use the harness when I think that I will be swinging for extended periods of time between targets,and yesterday was just that. When wearing normal clothing it is a breeze to unhook and re-hook...very nice all around. The next Park we tried in Milwaukee gave up the tiny Sterling pendant and most of the wheats pictured. I was VERY impressed that the 17" coil found the pendant 5" down,it actually hit like a wheat cent. Normally I don't dig those kind of shallow signals but this is a park where crazy stuff has been found at all different levels,so it's a different mentality when hunting in there. The Buffalo is a no date,and the 17" coil didn't like it at all. The meter said it was 7",it wound up being 5" or so....didn't hit very well and just not solid. It might have been on edge but I've found this as well with just about all other deeper nickels with the 17" coil...
Anyway...it was a lot of driving and a lot of fun. I'm pretty lucky to have found the group of guys in the Milwaukee area. A couple years ago I reached out to "jack and Jill" here on the forum and my detecting changed in a lot of ways. I won't elaborate right now but I'm very fortunate to have met and hunted with all these guys. These are people who will go just about anywhere and do just about anything to be able to hunt and have a chance at good finds,they are DEDICATED,just as I am.
The Sterling cross is from Saturday,I told Dew(Brad) that it was 1.5" tall. Well,it's just over an inch,so I overestimated! Not that it matters....:grin:
Happy hunting everyone,and don't be afraid to reach out to some guys in your area if you haven't,many great things have come from me meeting other people and sharing information about every aspect of the hobby. You'd be surprised at what you might not know...and is pretty damn important!
Lastly...we came up with an acronym for what you might have at the end of a day that wasn't very productive...PFOF. I'll let YOU guess what it means...:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 188
One of the things I love about hunting with Dew Sweeper and Son is that he's a great storyteller!:lol: For those that don't know(and why would you) that is me digging up another wheat cent out of a park that has a lot of potential but just wasn't handing stuff out yesterday. Being as it has enough age and the variety of things that have happened there,it IS holding many great finds,I'm positive. We just didn't bag too many yesterday,the '23 Merc and a couple wheats were my finds in there....so far! We will get some more guys together and find out what's really in there when we have more time and a bit better weather,though yesterday turned out pretty nice for November around here!
As for the harness,I think Bobac mentioned it...I was wearing many layers,that's why it looks so bulky. I will only use the harness when I think that I will be swinging for extended periods of time between targets,and yesterday was just that. When wearing normal clothing it is a breeze to unhook and re-hook...very nice all around. The next Park we tried in Milwaukee gave up the tiny Sterling pendant and most of the wheats pictured. I was VERY impressed that the 17" coil found the pendant 5" down,it actually hit like a wheat cent. Normally I don't dig those kind of shallow signals but this is a park where crazy stuff has been found at all different levels,so it's a different mentality when hunting in there. The Buffalo is a no date,and the 17" coil didn't like it at all. The meter said it was 7",it wound up being 5" or so....didn't hit very well and just not solid. It might have been on edge but I've found this as well with just about all other deeper nickels with the 17" coil...
Anyway...it was a lot of driving and a lot of fun. I'm pretty lucky to have found the group of guys in the Milwaukee area. A couple years ago I reached out to "jack and Jill" here on the forum and my detecting changed in a lot of ways. I won't elaborate right now but I'm very fortunate to have met and hunted with all these guys. These are people who will go just about anywhere and do just about anything to be able to hunt and have a chance at good finds,they are DEDICATED,just as I am.
The Sterling cross is from Saturday,I told Dew(Brad) that it was 1.5" tall. Well,it's just over an inch,so I overestimated! Not that it matters....:grin:
Happy hunting everyone,and don't be afraid to reach out to some guys in your area if you haven't,many great things have come from me meeting other people and sharing information about every aspect of the hobby. You'd be surprised at what you might not know...and is pretty damn important!
Lastly...we came up with an acronym for what you might have at the end of a day that wasn't very productive...PFOF. I'll let YOU guess what it means...:lol:

Two sterlings and an older Merc 👍
Great work Kev . Next time less driving and more hunting.
Lets hope the deep freeze stays away for a bit yet . I'll be ready to go by the weekend. Also doesn't look like we are doing thanksgiving on yhankdgiving day. Congrats on the silver IDX and on smashing the 100 silver mark for 2017
You are a class act .

Great to see a pair of high rollers chasing and digging the shiny's. The Super Hero and the Mean Machine. Wonder, did the Boy Wonder (Bret) join in on this party? Congrats Dew's on the GW and the Silver Thimble. I Hope IDX did as well. Sorry I could not join in, did have a pretty good day on the river and got in lots of skinning plus some of the garden work. Hope to get out towards the end of the week. Trapper

Yup , He made it ... he found some interesting relics . A hand full of wheaties and clad. Looking forward to our next great adventure.
Best of luck with those rats... and hop you can sneak in a short hunt so we can get a report .
, Dew

Cool! Congrats - and there's no way I could swing a big 17 'incher for much time without strapping on a truss! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom