First permission possibilities

Aramisvi

I live about a mile from the local racetrack. I haven't been able to secure any kind of permission...yet....but was told who I needed to talk to. About 500 yards away is the original track location...it's been shut down and for sale for a while. I was told the owner wouldn't care, but I still would rather have permission athan be ran off.
At the other end of the currently used track, inside the woods after the field used for parking, I can see a house...old, dilapidated, early 1900s construction....
Now...the house, as it sits, seems to not be on track property...
1: any tips on how to approach getting permissions for either or both track sites?
2: thoughts on detecting at an old abandoned house that's in "iffy territory" as to whether it's on private or county property?

Thanks in advance....this is the first time I'm shooting for a permission.

Christopher

Here's a link to the Orange County GIS site. You can zoom in on the location of the house and find the property owner's name.

http://server2.co.orange.nc.us/OrangeNCGIS/default.aspx

If you have any trouble navigating the site I can help but I'd have to know which house you're referring to. :D The only 2 old houses I'm aware of right in the area is the Evans house across Bacon Rd. and the Harris house on the south side of 57.

I circled where the house sits....is that the same place you know?
I'm literally around the corner...bacon turns into ned moore...I'm off ned moore, before you hit c.c. andrews

Attachments

• PicsArt_05-27-04.31.07.jpg
    PicsArt_05-27-04.31.07.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 161
That isn't the place I was referring to but according to the tax maps that corner of the woodline north of 57 is still part of the speedway property.

I think you posted that right at the same time I met one of the grounds guys cutting the hay in that very field. He confirmed that was part of the track property.
So my next step is to contact one of 2 guys he gave me to get permissions.

The county tax man can get you the info you need. Here it is called the equalization department. On their website I can click on a property and it will give me the address that the tax bill is sent to. Cannot always get a phone number. But well written letters have worked when it is property owned by someone from another area.

I got my very first permission a couple of days ago when the guy replied back after about a month. It's in the mountains but STILL....a permission is a permission. Did a quick conversion - 55 km2.

Back
Top Bottom