What happened here?

siskeyville

Was out at the fair grounds the other day when they were pulling all the rides down and I asked the front office if it would be all right to hunt the grounds and she said fine but not right now. I said how about the parking area? she said go ahead. I spent probably four hours out in that grassy area and moved over and ended up at a spot close to one of the openings in the fence when my detector [Safari] goes nuts. I do not seem to be able to swing it at all without it screaming at me. I move around some and it just won't shut up. I raise it in the air and it stops, lower it down and it just won't shut up. Well I'm groaning to myself thinking it is busted and decide to go over to the area where I was a little while ago and try it there. I start to leave and I realize those are all good signals. I move back over and start at the edge and start digging. everything is about two inches down. In about a ten foot area I pull out around $6 bucks. All quarters dimes and I think about three nickels and a couple of penny's. What in the world happened here?? Someone just take the cash box and throw in in the air then pick up the paper and leave? I went back later and found two more quarters and a dime. What do you think happened here?

Knocked over the tip jar. Who know. Lol. When your detector was going nuts is it possible there was a large metallic objects on top of the soil overloading your machine? It happens and often if you grab your pinpointer and just scan the top of the grass or dirt you will find something on or just below the surface in the area.

Or as previously mentioned power lines will cause it to go nuts too.

There was something there ast year.

Someone probably had a coin toss station there. Absolutely wonderful day I would always remember if it were me.

All about 2" down? So safe to say it was durring a fair from a different year. Perhaps where a booth was, a vending machine, some other event at the fair grounds. Who knows.

The only thing I do know that happend is you found all the change!! Congrats

Had a similar siuation at a fairgrounds whole slew of nickles, some quarters and dimes but no pennys. Around 40 coins all on the surface hid in the grass.

Back
Top Bottom