Rookie cop called the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
:pirate2:Oh boy, a modern day land pirate! Aye carumba. Its hard to believe this guy is for real.

Lets take about 10 LEAPS back.

Sheesh, how old is everyone on here?:shock: I truly am surprised how quickly y'all are ready to pick up your shovels and pick-axes... It seems to me that he honestly did not know that what he was doing was wrong yet many of you are ready to lynch him. Give the guy a second chance and use this as an opportunity to teach him something, all you have done is caused him to go on the defensive and he has in response said that he doesn't care now.
In your area, you should take an extra minute and look online to verify you are on public land so you don't get into trouble again. Good luck and HH.
- Aaron

Thank you for that last post.

I do care and have a great track record so far ????? For now

And I was sure it was ok to be where I was just was pushed by a bully and the officer on duty told me to check who owned it and there status on me being there.

I also confirmed a section of lots in the area which are sscattered in here are owned which is secured for further delvolpement from pseng which I was not on yet.

I talked to the grounds service for pseng about the lots in that area also let them know I was gone to be crossing into that area and ask why they don't have any post to keep out etc,
what will happen to me , pseng not looking to take crimanl action on people who are simply not doing any illegal dumping witch craft and partying.

If we marked it stay away or u will be treated like Terrorist

The guy made a mistake and should have gotten permission, granted, but with others using the trails etc to hike on, and the wooded area, I can see where he might have thought this was open to the public for public use and thus, like a park possibly, he could MD on the property. That being said, it's a good lesson to everyone to double check ownership of any land before you start MDing anywhere. With crime and the bad folks in our world today, the general public is very nervous about strangers, and maybe not understanding MDing, nervous about seeing the MD equipment itself being handled by a complete stranger.

As a landowner myself, I look at this like hunting any kind of game or fishing. If you ask me for permission to hunt on my land or fish in one of my stock tanks (farm ponds to you Yankees), within reason, you'll probably get it, especially if you have kids with you, with maybe a few rules attached. If you trespass and I catch you, it may just be the first time you'll find the dove and quail shooting back at you and you'll never come back. I also understand that honest mistakes do happen and I don't get upset when they do.

I have never, in 67 years of hunting deer, turkey, dove, quail, and Elk, set foot on any piece of property to hunt without permission from the landowner. Even with my neighbors who own land out here, I'll always give them a call, out of courtesy, and ask, even though they may already have said to me, "Go anytime you want to".

I have a small herd of cattle, some with small calves and after sunset and dark, if I see taillights or headlights on my property around where my cattle are, or on my property period, I'll go meet the person(s) with my AR-15 and two loaded 30rd clips. Too much cattle rustling going on not to check it out.

Getting permission from the land owner is not only a courtesy to the land owner, but for the SAFETY of both you and the landowner. Everyone then knows where people are and who they are on the property.

All I can say is WOW! You guys are harsh. Like the guy said he seen everyone else use the property so he thought it was ok. I want to know what it is like with you guys that never ever make mistakes? He should have asked but made a mistake. get over it. I hunted a piece of ground that I was told was city property where they tore down some old homes and come to find out it was owned by a local factory and the guy came out and ask what we were doing and I said detecting and he said we were trespassing. I told him I thought it was city property and he should post it. Morale of the story I made a mistake. The guy forgave me and life went on.

All I can say is WOW! You guys are harsh. Like the guy said he seen everyone else use the property so he thought it was ok. I want to know what it is like with you guys that never ever make mistakes? He should have asked but made a mistake. get over it. I hunted a piece of ground that I was told was city property where they tore down some old homes and come to find out it was owned by a local factory and the guy came out and ask what we were doing and I said detecting and he said we were trespassing. I told him I thought it was city property and he should post it. Morale of the story I made a mistake. The guy forgave me and life went on.

People should be able to use common sense! Like someone else said, my yard is not posted and it should not need to be. Is your car posted? If see other people in it that makes it ok to take the stereo?

OK so I found out the real deal. first night went strolling along 3Am! there are sign's closed 9pm to 6 am.
While walking with my head light with red light from blankmart $20.00 by the way awesome light a patrol unit came and drove my direction lights shinning and then turned off thank god.

later down the road seen them chasing some kids. there where alot of kids out there and even in the water that was crazy. Prior I spoke to the renta cop that are there they told me that I would have no issue that they use discration <spelling off.

Secound night there where lighting storms in a distance so it was real calm out there. was checked out my a patrol & spoke to them showed them some good stuff found my first gold no reports of lost stuff but the two guys where amazed and the one telling the other I told you so. like 30 min later I was stuck in the most amazing rain storm I ever seen at night hole town was black out on and off it was like a war zone.

I am hooked, if there is a - low tid AM ill be out there like a ghost so all you day time guys watch out

He hunts around in areas at night that he knows are off limits during those hours, and uses a red light to avoid being discovered. These are not mistakes, or accidents as your are trying to explain away. These are examples of blatant disregard to laws, greed, and premeditated theft..

Sorry to say it that way, but he is the one that spelled it out, I'm just helping you read it...

<*)))>{

I hunt on the beach at night so what it was never an issue for me or the patrol thanks for your concern also red light is seen from a distance and used it as it saves battery keep digging butt scratcher

I hunt on the beach at night so what it was never an issue for me or the patrol thanks for your concern also red light is seen from a distance and used it as it saves battery keep digging butt scratcher

Even though it says it is closed to anyone between those hours. You hunt it anyway because nobody ever said anything yet. Just like you hunted private property till someone said something...

And then you come on here and cry about it like you want mommy to kiss your boo boo..

:laughing:

<*)))>{

And then you come on here and cry about it like you want mommy to kiss your boo boo..

:laughing:

<*)))>{
If I ever had to go to court, I would hate to have you as my judge. You're "That guy". You always follow the speed limit too? Stop being a jerk, it's not needed. Remember, these are Friendly forums...

If I ever had to go to court, I would hate to have you as my judge. You're "That guy". You always follow the speed limit too? Stop being a jerk, it's not needed. Remember, these are Friendly forums...

No, I drive it like I fricken stole it, but I don't cry like a baby to all my peers when I get a ticket for speeding when I knew it was wrong!

Also I would not make fun of your username by calling you TheIVJackoff, like he called me Butt Scratcher... :laughing:

<*)))>{

No, I drive it like I fricken stole it, but I don't cry like a baby to all my peers when I get a ticket for speeding when I knew it was wrong!

Also I would not make fun of your username by calling you TheIVJackoff, like he called me Butt Scratcher... :laughing:

<*)))>{

Butt Scratcher :laughing: Thats not actually such a bad forum name , its not metal detecting related but sure is funny.

I have to admit that I hunted a few spots without permission back when I was new to detecting. At the time I just never though it was a big deal since plenty of other people did whatever it was that they did there or it was just some old falling down house on property that was neglected for decades. I know it was a mistake now but Im a lot more thoughtful about things now than I was way back then. I doubt there are many who can say they have never trespassed on someones property before , if not on purpose then atleast as an oversight. Just learn from your mistakes and pay attention to what people are telling you.

I was crying only that there was a person looking to cause trouble and hate and not talk like a professional even the on duty cop looked at his buddy.

If whenI'mm wrong and get in trouble I am prepared to accept my mistake and pay for it there no reason to cry if u break the law .

This post was about the bully type people who will come out of there way to smash u so watch your back even on a forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom