• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Help with video camera and Computer!

Tinky1878

Forum Supporter
I shot some footage of today's hunt and now I cannot get them to come up on the computer so I can get them to Windows movie maker. When I try to click to try to open a clip when the removable disk folder pops up, it tells me " Couldn't open the file, because an unknown error occurred. The number of the error is 8971"

Then, when I go into movie maker and click "Capture vid from device" it says that no device was detected.

How can I get this to movie maker so I can get you all a vid up by tonight?

Thanks,

Jake

Are you using a USB cord hookup, memory chip or a DVD?
If a memory chip, can you pop the memory chip into the computer?
If a DVD, did you finalize the DVD?

Try Import on WMM

Last edited:
Hi Jake... All good Tech Support starts with a few questions. I can tell you have XP, and are using Quicktime with your .AVI's ??? Do you do all of your updates, newest codecs, etc, etc. // i.e. -- Most problems start with those who do not maintain and update their pc's. Give me more info and we'll go from there :)

Yep!! Sounds like you have a driver problem, Have you downloaded from your video camera/camera before-if not sounds like its not detecting your camera, Sometimes you can restart your computer with the camera plugged in and turned on-it might detect it up and install the drivers for your hardware. I usually just install them manually, But that can be tricky if your device isn't in the list. Usally you can go to the site that makes the camera/video device model like Kodak Ect. and they normaly will have the software or divers you might need.

It all has to do with the videos in .MP4 The movie maker will not reconize them. I have been sitting here for hours trying to fix it. I think I may be hitting on something.

Thanks,

Jake

You can import files with the following file name extensions into Windows Movie Maker to use in your project:

Audio files: .aif, .aifc, .aiff .asf, .au, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .snd, .wav, and .wma

Picture files: .bmp, .dib, .emf, .gif, .jfif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff, and .wmf

Video files: .asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv

You need something that will recognize an .MP4. Check the settings on the camera as well, for future videos, and set it to save the files in a compatible format.

You can import files with the following file name extensions into Windows Movie Maker to use in your project:

Audio files: .aif, .aifc, .aiff .asf, .au, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .snd, .wav, and .wma

Picture files: .bmp, .dib, .emf, .gif, .jfif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff, and .wmf

Video files: .asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv

You need something that will recognize an .MP4. Check the settings on the camera as well, for future videos, and set it to save the files in a compatible format.

I don't think the camera can be set to record in any other format.

Back
Top Bottom