Can You "Sprechen Sie Deutsch?"

KS Plug Popper

Had a little time to stop and hit a curb side by an old building in a pre 1900 neighborhood which was probably 50 feet long. Dug some zinkins and a clad dime, but then hit a 24 Merc. As I was headed back over to the truck I got a high tone and dug up something with a big 2 in the middle. I thought I had a trade token of some kind and knew it had some writing on it, but could not make it out. Once home I seen it said "PFENNIG" under the 2, so I looked it up and it is a German 2 Pfennig coin. How you can dig a 42 Merc then a few feet over dig a 1991 German coin I'll never know, but this hobby always keeps you guessing, thats the fun of it. So quick little stop, got some shiny in the hole and a kraut Coin to boot, cant beat that with a stick, haha! Last Picture is just a internet example all cleaned up.
20181022_160023_003_resized.jpg

20181022_160137_resized.jpg

20181022_200236_resized.jpg

20181022_200401_resized.jpg

Screenshot_20181022-200826.jpg

Ja, ein bischen ("yes, a little" - and by that I mean, a very little! :D)

Congrats on the merc and the 2 Pfennig! Nice finds! :clapping:

Congrats on the unique and good finds! Last year I dug a 1914 2 Pfennig in a local yard and then a couple of weeks ago I found a 1941 nazi 10 reichspfennig in another local yard. I credit the second one to my repaired Etrac being German for a short time.:lol: You just never know what you'll find in this hobby!

Ja, ein bischen ("yes, a little" - and by that I mean, a very little! :D)

Congrats on the merc and the 2 Pfennig! Nice finds! :clapping:

Haha, ya i was perplexed when i seen the big 2, but excited. I love finding anything unusual. I like your Romans 10:9-10 also in your bottom tag, we can add 10:13 to it and round it out well.

Those tourists tend to drop a few coins now & then. Or a kids "show & tell" coin
Who knows KM, but money sure travels far sometimes!
cool finds :D
Thanks!
Congrats on the merc and foreign coin.
Thanks JF!
That Merc looked pretty deep, great hunting!
Cant see its just outside the pic, but it is straight down off the sidewalk. Edge of plug was the sidewalk and about 10+ deep. AT max can reach deep silver pretty good I think. Ive been running a Whites Spectrum since 1994, but cant get them serviced after 12/31/18 anymore, just too old. Still good back up machine, or loaners for a freind. I had my Whites down pat, but might be a while till i master the AT Max, haha. But i never went to a detecting fourm before and really enjoy the sharing of info and finds.

Back
Top Bottom