New Member from Syracuse NY

arronwolf

Hi Everyone,

I use to metal detect with my mom's Whites 1985 3000. We would generally find stuff usually at the 4-6 inch depth and dig allot of pull tabs. Well after a wife and 2 kids later I decided instead of playing World of Warcraft in my spare time, I would get back to my metal detecting roots.

After doing some research I decided to get the AT Pro because for the money I don't see where any of the detectors offer that much function. I see allot of threads talking about AT PRO VS (insert high end detector) but usually they are comparing detectors that cost 300 dollars +. Thats allot of money of extra money at 50 percent to 100 percent more.

So I pulled the trigger after talking to Bart at Big Boy Hobbies for XMAS on a AT PRO, Pro Pointer and Lesche Digger. My wife was nice enough to let me go out an play with it early. Beautiful day for late November in upstate NY.

I went to a school for my maiden voyage. Well I made it 15 feet from starting area and 24 coins later I had burned through my time before swimming lessons. Some coins were 8-10 inches deep and that was a first for me. I did dig some of the junk signals to get a feel for what they were. I got some old pepsi bottle caps and such.

My prize though was a Chucky Cheese token from the 1980's. Aww that brought back some memories being a kid.

I am very happy with this detector. What a difference from the old Whites (which i used a month ago to see if I wanted to get back into MDing and I got 2 signals in 1 hour). Detectors really are amazing now. Many thanks go out to Bart at Big Boy Hobbies for giving me a great deal (I like to haggle). He took my noob questions with great patience.

Now my son (he is 5) wants to go out a day later and pound the grass for some new finds. I am happy this will bring some good father and son bonding time instead of daddy killing imaginary dragons. Thanks for all that kept this hobbie going in my 15 year vacancy.

Hello from someone who grew up in the Utica area.

Once you get going, maybe you can see if you can hunt the NYS Fairgrounds!!! That would be great. I have hunted two county fairgrounds and found some good clad.

JC

Welcome from Edmond, OK (I grew up in Marcellus, NY) - sounds like you did great with your AT Pro for the first time out! Keep us posted on your progress.

Hope to get back to NY to do a little hunting one of these days -

TB

Welcome. That is quite an upgrade from your old White's. Might as well go big. :yes:

Hi Everyone,

I use to metal detect with my mom's Whites 1985 3000. We would generally find stuff usually at the 4-6 inch depth and dig allot of pull tabs. Well after a wife and 2 kids later I decided instead of playing World of Warcraft in my spare time, I would get back to my metal detecting roots.

After doing some research I decided to get the AT Pro because for the money I don't see where any of the detectors offer that much function. I see allot of threads talking about AT PRO VS (insert high end detector) but usually they are comparing detectors that cost 300 dollars +. Thats allot of money of extra money at 50 percent to 100 percent more.

So I pulled the trigger after talking to Bart at Big Boy Hobbies for XMAS on a AT PRO, Pro Pointer and Lesche Digger. My wife was nice enough to let me go out an play with it early. Beautiful day for late November in upstate NY.

I went to a school for my maiden voyage. Well I made it 15 feet from starting area and 24 coins later I had burned through my time before swimming lessons. Some coins were 8-10 inches deep and that was a first for me. I did dig some of the junk signals to get a feel for what they were. I got some old pepsi bottle caps and such.

My prize though was a Chucky Cheese token from the 1980's. Aww that brought back some memories being a kid.

I am very happy with this detector. What a difference from the old Whites (which i used a month ago to see if I wanted to get back into MDing and I got 2 signals in 1 hour). Detectors really are amazing now. Many thanks go out to Bart at Big Boy Hobbies for giving me a great deal (I like to haggle). He took my noob questions with great patience.

Now my son (he is 5) wants to go out a day later and pound the grass for some new finds. I am happy this will bring some good father and son bonding time instead of daddy killing imaginary dragons. Thanks for all that kept this hobbie going in my 15 year vacancy.
Welcome from a new forum member also in upstate NY, nearer Buffalo and Rochester area. I've been out of the hobby for 10 years and just getting back into it..I have an AT Pro coming this weekend, and a Whites V3i coming next week. And to think my interest back into the hobby was due to my youngest son (14) asking about it for Christmas.. Oh yeah.. His Garrett Ace 350 was delivered today and already hidden away..

Back
Top Bottom