Been a long time a comin'...

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
Detecting conditions have been miserable here for months, but I finally broke my gold slump with a little 10K ring. It was so black that I thought it was silver until I got it home and looked at it with a hand lens. Cleaned up nicely. One of the quarters was a thick black cookie with a '57 Washington entombed inside. The other interesting find was a .30 caliber bullet, 1.27 inches long. I have no idea what rifle this would be for -- never seen a bullet this long. A couple of obligatory Felixes -- hate these things... Total of 19 targets (iron ignored) in a 2 1/2 hour hunt. This is not a target-rich area!
Happy hunting everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_4479.jpg
    IMG_4479.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 692
  • Heart Ring.jpg
    Heart Ring.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_4491.JPG
    IMG_4491.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 692
Wow those have been in the water for a while eh? Congrats on the 10k, good clean up job too!

Its not easy out there thats for sure. Ive also started seeing more summer huntings coming out of the woodwork. Some new to water hunting that have been sand diggers a log time as well as some ole timers whose getting back into it....... they will sure put the pressure on this year.

Congrats on that gold.

I'd need prozac with a slump that long. Addictions are bad and I have it good! Congrats on the gold and old coin!

Not a beach Hunter, but wow, are you hunting close ro 3 mile island? I had no idea water would destroy the silver that bad.

:dingding:I have picked up gold at a beach that I frequent that comes out tarnished and I think is junk until I figured out the conditions there do that to it. Congrats!!! I believe that you need an attitude adjustment on the Felixes though! :lol:

Wow those have been in the water for a while eh? Congrats on the 10k, good clean up job too!
Thanks Slim. The silver Q was so thick it looked like a mini oreo. But I've had clad come out of the anoxic mud with a good coating after less than a decade, so you never can tell.
Welcome back man!!
Congrats on the classic gold and silver combo!!!
<°)))>{
Thanks Ice. Hope you're picking up some of that yellow!
Congrats on the gold
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks Shavnore.
Nicely done.
Thanks Canerat. It's been so bleak that I'd gladly have settled for one of those junk rings you've been finding and considered it a real treasure.
Grats on the gold and silver
Thanks j.
Its not easy out there thats for sure. Ive also started seeing more summer huntings coming out of the woodwork. Some new to water hunting that have been sand diggers a log time as well as some ole timers whose getting back into it....... they will sure put the pressure on this year.
Congrats on that gold.
Thanks Dew. The trick will be to get in there between the seeders and the pickers.:lol:
Congrats on the silver and gold! Good treasure to trash ratio there. Get it while you can! :yes:
Thanks Compass. Forgot to mention, the ring was a whopping 1.53 grams! Nonetheless, infinitely better than the ratio of 0 over the last few months.
Nice looking hunt. Congrats.....:yes:
Thanks Curt.
I'd need prozac with a slump that long. Addictions are bad and I have it good! Congrats on the gold and old coin!
:lol: Thanks Barb. Yeah, I know the feeling. But it feels so good when even the tiniest bit of yellow ends the grief. In the meantime, no chemical stimulants of any kind, except a good margarita...:D
Looks like a great hunt to me. Great job!
Thanks Chev.
Not a beach Hunter, but wow, are you hunting close ro 3 mile island? I had no idea water would destroy the silver that bad.
Thanks Big T. Once the metal gets down into the anoxic layer all kinds of nasty things happen in a short time. If I'd been at 3-M Island these things would probably have been glowing in the dark. :shock:
:dingding:I have picked up gold at a beach that I frequent that comes out tarnished and I think is junk until I figured out the conditions there do that to it. Congrats!!! I believe that you need an attitude adjustment on the Felixes though! :lol:
:laughing: Thanks Felix. I'll save those ratty bits of zinc and send them to my good buddy down in Florida.:laughing:
Congrats , silver and gold good hunt
HH
Thanks Ricki.
Great finds! Congrats!!
Thanks rreahard. I hope they're a harbinger of good things to come!

Congratulations on the 10K ring nice, also cool that you discovered a silver quarter was hiding beneath the crust

Back
Top Bottom