CTX Troubleshooting

Good rule of thumb using Etrac and CTX in USA.
Pay little attention to ferrous number (first pair of numbers) until you get more experience with detector. It’s the second pair of numbers (conductive number) that will ID your coin. Many times CTX or Etrac will be spot on or very very close.
So, aluminum twist caps, zincoln (modern pennies) will read 36-38 conductive number.
Copper pennies will read 42 conductive number.
Clad dime 43 conductive number.
Silver dimes 45 conductive number.
Silver quarter 46 conductive number.

There are 2 styles of Indian Head cents. The more modern Indian head cent will read lower than a modern penny will conducive number wise. Expect to see 33-35/36 conductive number wise.

The older Indian head penny reads even lower conductive number wise.

Nickels read mainly 13 conductive number.

Above info is a guide.
Remember a coin that is worn being thinner it may read point or 2 lower than unworn like coin.

War nickels May read higher than 13 conductive number.

Good rule of thumb cherry picking higher conductive coins. Dig targets reading 40 conductive and higher.

Cheers.

Had 2 CTX units. Liked everything about them but the weight.

I just ordered a strap for the CTX to see if that will help with the weight. Right now I have the BIG 17" coil on it and YES... it is heavy. I am thinking about moving over to the Stock coil if the strap does not help. I gave my son the NOX 800 ... I have to say ... I am wondering if that was the right choice... but time with the new CTX detecting along side him with the NOX 800 will tell. :)

I just ordered a strap for the CTX to see if that will help with the weight. Right now I have the BIG 17" coil on it and YES... it is heavy. I am thinking about moving over to the Stock coil if the strap does not help. I gave my son the NOX 800 ... I have to say ... I am wondering if that was the right choice... but time with the new CTX detecting along side him with the NOX 800 will tell. :)

I used bungee with Etrac. It helped loads.
Should help with CTX.

Naturally using it will condition you somewhat.
Meaning don’t Come off of EQuinox or a Deus and not expect some discomfort /pain with longer use.

Back
Top Bottom