whites coinmaster ???

lost target

just got my coinmaster,im finding alot of wheats an nickels,is this md capable of picking up silver coins,i found a what appeared to be an old baby spoon i assumed it was silver.why do i get the feeling i got the wrong md.

Because, right now you are equating easy to use with cant find the good stuff.:lol: It takes time to understand any detector. That is true whether it's a Coinmaster or a V3i. The silver will come. It always does. But, not always the first number of times out. By the way, if you are getting nickels, keep your eyes and ears open, because a lot of gold shows up in that range.:workforgold: And, so you know, you bought a really good detector.

Enjoy.

just got my coinmaster,im finding alot of wheats an nickels,is this md capable of picking up silver coins,i found a what appeared to be an old baby spoon i assumed it was silver.why do i get the feeling i got the wrong md.

You have to be swinging over silver to find it...and it is not everywhere or as common as it used to be.

Hunters have been digging these things up since the 70's, but it is still out there, you just gotta keep looking.

Some guys go years and never find silver coins, others find it right out of the box.
Not sure if you ever researched the numbers and statistics in this hobby.

We had a guy on here last year who lent a detector to a friend for a hunt.
The friend swung 5 times and didn't find any gold, so he started complaining and got real frustrated.
Funny!

Patience is the key, learning your detector, any detector, is first, picking good sites is second, volume digging is third, a little luck can help out at times, also.

As stated, this is a volume business...understand that and silver coins will come your way...if you hunt the right sites.

The Coinmaster has a relatively low frequency which actually makes it much better for hitting on silver than gold, but like mentioned if you are finding nickels then it definitely will also find gold. Location, location, location is everything when it comes to finding silver as most public areas have been hunted to death over the years. If you can get permission to hunt the yards of older homes, they are often excellent spots for finding silver. Also if you are finding both clad and wheat pennies, then you will find silver once you get over top of it as most of the silver I've found over the years was well within the range of a Coinmaster.

I havre the Coinmaster Pro,and I have found silver as well as gold.Be patient and dig everything!

Attachments

• 451.jpg
    451.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 753

I just got my coin masterpro on wensday and have taken it out only once. Im very new to MDing and was worried about not being able to find my targets. But even though I pulled alot of trash, I was happy to do so. I know that finding a pulltab is still finding my target. Im taking everyones advice and digging all my hits. I only found 3 zinc pennies and a couple neat relics. The brooch was fun to dig. Just keep swinging the good stuff is still out there us to find. Happy hunting and good luck!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/album.php?albumid=2437

Some people get lucky and find silver right out of the gate. It took me 5 months to find a silver coin. I have only found 3 so far. Give it time.

You have to be patient!! MDing is all about getting your coil over what you are looking for and it is very possible that you haven't been at a location where silver is. The Coinmaster is a good enough detector. It will certainly find you some silver if you get it in the right place.

Back
Top Bottom