East coast or west coast of FL- Which is better beach hunting

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
this was a question someone ask me. I told them every thing being equal like in front of a busy beach with expensive condo/hotels I would pick the east coast.

Why? better wave action, currents, storms compared to the more placid gulf coast of Florida say from Destin to Panama City to Gulf Shores AL.

Now was I right in telling him this? Need some answers from those who have hunted both the east and west coast of FL.

Look at it this way, people drop stuff all the time on both locations. There are Metal Detectorists in both locations.

What it comes down to, is that you're asking "which coast has a better probability of finding stuff."

Bottom line is that more people = more stuff dropped. Find that, and as long as it's not being picked up by other detectorists, you're in a high probability zone.

it's that simple. There's gold and jewelry to be found on both coasts.

I think you're correct.....but not for the wave action but because of the amount of people on the Gulf Coast with machines!!!! Counting tourists, I'd bet that we have the highest ratio per capita than any other location........

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom