Alabama Beach Advice ( Whites/ Fisher guys)

chrisggard

Me and a detecting buddy are going to Alabama in November for a club hunt and plan on hitting the beaches pretty hard while we're there. I had started a thread awhile back about waterproof detectors and unfortunately got hurt at work and had to put the new Detector on back log. I think the trip while expensive will be a good Escape from all the !!!! going on with the injury.

Anywho, I'm trying to find out of the detectors I have which will be best for gulf coast sand. I believe we're staying at Orange Beach if that helps? The detectors I have are:

Whites-

XLT E-Series
6000 DI PRO SL
IDX PRO
COINMASTER CLASSIC II

And I have a Fisher F-22. -this thing loves silver :- ) -

For the Whites I have these coils-

4x6 shooter
8" bluemax
5.3 bullseye
Stock 9.5's
15" Bluemax.
Classic has non changeable 8"

Fisher has stock "tear drop" coil.

Sorry for the long wind just don't have much experience hunting the sand. Any help would be appreciated. Also if any locals can give any advice on the laws around Spanish Fort as far as metal detecting goes id appreciate it as well. Thought I'd try some Relic hunting while we're in the area.

Thanks and HH!

Welcome to Alabama, even if only for a visit.
Gulf Shores Beaches are OK,
Orange beach does not own any beaches. While the local OB Police will not bother you, be aware ALL beaches in in Orange Beach are State Owned and part of the State Park system. Check with the Park rangers first. Some areas may be off limits.
This info came straight from an OB Police officer less than two weeks ago.

Now to help with your original question. A multi frequency machine is best in the wet sand and water.

Perhaps if you pose this question in the Beach Hunting thread you will get some more specific answers, there are lits of good folks familiar with many machines on Gulf Beaches.
Maybe we can hook up & hunt.

Back
Top Bottom