My Beerdoodle's Whim, Nice Half Box!

jack&jill

Elite Member
After reading "Beerdoodles" post I thought I try a box of coins. Seeing the "King's" success I choose a box of Halves. Well there was not a single Silver coin. No 90%er's, no 40%er's. But It was still a very nice box of finds.

This was evidently a box that somebody cashed in. It contained 36 Proofs, including 10 coins from 2002-2008. Also in the proofs are 2 1987's. And there was more, 3 1987D's, 4 1987P's plus 19 more coins from 2002-2012.

A lot of the Proofs look fantastic with a extreme gloss shine. Jill and I shared the fun as we were competing with each other to find the next good coin. Sorry some of the pictures did not turn out so good but the reflections from the coins made it very tough. Jack

Attachments

• ch4.JPG
    ch4.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 520
  • crh5.JPG
    crh5.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 508
  • crh6.JPG
    crh6.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 513
  • crh1.JPG
    crh1.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 514
  • crh2.JPG
    crh2.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 509
  • crh3.JPG
    crh3.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 521
  • crh.JPG
    crh.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 523
That is a great box even with the silver skunk. I have been through many boxes and only have one 1987 to show for it. It had to be a dump of a collection because you just don't see that many in a box...EVER!!

Congrats.

history

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to track a coins history. Maybe some crack head cleaned out grandpa's coin collection or somebody died and an heir who knows nothing of coins came along and thought they were worth fifty cents:?:

This has to be the first time I have ever heard of someone acting on an idea of Beerdoodles and it worked out ! congrats :lol:

That was my thought, Congrats on the finds. Who knows, if this continues it may go from CRH to BDH. :laughing:

one of these days im going to buy a box..i just dont know enough abouts halfs to know what im looking for. Nice job tho they look awesome!

That was my thought, Congrats on the finds. Who knows, if this continues it may go from CRH to BDH. :laughing:

BDH-Beer Doodle's Hunting.
I went to buy rolled pennies at Beerdoodles's credit union, they were all out of pennies, so I got halves. Poor me! ~Jack

PS. Halves, save proofs (S mints), 1987's, 2002-2013, and pre-70 is silver.

one of these days im going to buy a box..i just dont know enough abouts halfs to know what im looking for. Nice job tho they look awesome!

Halves are awesome to go through. I highly encourage it. Really, the only thing to look for are Silver (you know what year those are). Don't forget 66-70 are 40%, 1987 is NIFC (Not intended for circulation), 2002- current is also NIFC. Other than that, they can just go right back to the bank. Check for the 1982 no "FG" while your at it, and you will pretty much get all the good coins.

Halves are awesome to go through. I highly encourage it. Really, the only thing to look for are Silver (you know what year those are). Don't forget 66-70 are 40%, 1987 is NIFC (Not intended for circulation), 2002- current is also NIFC. Other than that, they can just go right back to the bank. Check for the 1982 no "FG" while your at it, and you will pretty much get all the good coins.

Thanks Josh..now it makes more sense now have to see if my bank will sell me a box and then find a bank who will take them with no hassle. Looks like im going to get hooked on this since the weather is working with me.

That is a great box even with the silver skunk. I have been through many boxes and only have one 1987 to show for it. It had to be a dump of a collection because you just don't see that many in a box...EVER!!

Congrats.

AGREE! This is a real stopper of a report! WOW...King is amazed!

Now would you consider some trades for your duplicates???? LOL I got a trade thing going under For Sale/Trade in Numistatics section!

Take a look, please!:D:D Here's the thread: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=138605 If you want to, PM me!

Back
Top Bottom