1 month of buying silver coins on a budget

tricky1324

well after a month MD and finding no silver coins. I just started buying them. this is whut i got after 1 month of buying.. and iam going to start hitting the beaches for now on for gold...

Attachments

• DSC01306 (800x600).jpg
    DSC01306 (800x600).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,240
well after a month MD and finding no silver coins. I just started buying them. this is whut i got after 1 month of buying.. and iam going to start hitting the beaches for now on for gold...

so how much did you budget for you silver purchases? just curious looks like alot of silver :yes:

umm well i dont know exactly but iam not a rich man.. i tried to get as much as i could with out feeling a blow in my pockets through the month.. but then again i stoped drinking 3 month ago so i guess i was spending whut used to be my beer money..

NICE

every time I MD & don't find squat I buy myself an ounce (American Eagle or Maple Leaf) - makes me feel better

Sweet purchases! I'm going to a coin show this weekend and what I do is roll my clad and buy silver and gold! Coin shows are cool because you get really good prices on metal :cool:

It's hard to imagine you've not found silver around eastlos. There are some nice old parks in formerly affluent Boyle Heights that I'm dying to MD. I wonder why you're having such a dry streak? :?:

It's hard to imagine you've not found silver around eastlos. There are some nice old parks in formerly affluent Boyle Heights that I'm dying to MD. I wonder why you're having such a dry streak? :?:

ur right but i just moved away from the area. i now live in west covina thats where ive been searching parks and playgrounds.. not only that iam a ex gang member from boyle heights and theirs parks where i wouldnt want to be hanging around in..ive found silver just not in coins just jewelry

Sweet purchases! I'm going to a coin show this weekend and what I do is roll my clad and buy silver and gold! Coin shows are cool because you get really good prices on metal :cool:
never been to one i wonder if theirs one here in los angeles but i go to a collectable show they usaully have a small amount of coins for sale thats where i buy my mercury dime for 2.50 cuz the shop want 3.00

I collect the same things...try to keep it to one ounce coins and spread about the international ones

https://picasaweb.google.com/105768587945839387386/1OzSilverCoin#5790326455782682274

they feel good to look at but have a downside..when you look at your collection and then your total of silver finds they can look pretty bad comparred to the collection....i try to keep the two mentally seperate...50 plus ounces of silver feels a lot beyond 22 grams of silver finds.

If i hadnt got the collection 22 grams would have been nice...really nice...maybe ill sell my collection to enjoy the finds more...lol

I collect the same things...try to keep it to one ounce coins and spread about the international ones

https://picasaweb.google.com/105768587945839387386/1OzSilverCoin#5790326455782682274

they feel good to look at but have a downside..when you look at your collection and then your total of silver finds they can look pretty bad comparred to the collection....i try to keep the two mentally seperate...50 plus ounces of silver feels a lot beyond 22 grams of silver finds.

If i hadnt got the collection 22 grams would have been nice...really nice...maybe ill sell my collection to enjoy the finds more...lol

now thats a great beginners collection great coins u got there

md goals

One of my goals md'ing is to find any silver or gold. ive been stacking precious metals for a while now and collecting coins since i was a kid. I've been md'ing mostly just behind my house and in the river/streams near me to have something to do with my dog. mostly finding old farm stuff, found 2 ax heads the other day, the thrill of the hunt is what drives me, i like trying to figure out the history behind why the item i just found is where it is.
anyway if i find even a single merc dime or any type of gold i'll consider it another hobby goal accomplished.

check kitco.com for current spot prices, and read the forum, very informative
for those looking to buy silver and/or gold these sites are the best/cheapest i've found.

providentmetals.com good for almost anything, i buy america the beautiful coins from them and other 'premium' silver like canadian wildlife series

libertycpm.com best for generic silver, 10oz bars, cheapest new generic 1oz, gold

goldmart.com has some good prices on some items

apmex.com shipping and prices are a bit high but they do have everything..

Last edited:
BTW...congrats on quitting drinking! Keep it up man...silver coins are a much better investment than compared to silver bullets!

Agreed there...i dont drink, dont smoke, hardly gamble so collecting is like my vice costs aimed in the right direction...:laughing:

As long as you dont drown in silver it tends not to be life threatening

I think the mods moved it.

West Covina is surrounded by old cities. Pasadena, Monrovia, Azusa, Whittier (but MD is not allowed on public land in Whittier), etc. Those should have some good old parks and schools to hunt.

Back
Top Bottom