Found an error Dime in one roll

Pokeplayer101

Elite Member
I found a roll of dimes just laying around. So I checked for silver. I didn't find any. :no:

But I did find a 1991 P Dime that is a clipped planchet. :D

So what is the value?

Attachments

• Dime Planchet.jpg
    Dime Planchet.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 531
Don't think this is a clipped planchet as it does not appear to hold the blaksley effect. But it is hard to tell from the pic. WOLF

what is the blaksey effect?

Hey Terry,

The rim of the coin will show weakness in the strike on the opposite edge of the clip. For example, if the clip is at the 5 o'clock then the weakness in the strike will be at 11 o'clock. The clipped part of the planchet causes the die to strike the planchet unevenly with one side (the clipped side) sinking deeper and forcing the other side to strike more shallow.

Attachments

• Copy (2) of Error Coins UNC BU 026.jpg
    Copy (2) of Error Coins UNC BU 026.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 412
Hey Terry,

The rim of the coin will show weakness in the strike on the opposite edge of the clip. For example, if the clip is at the 5 o'clock then the weakness in the strike will be at 11 o'clock. The clipped part of the planchet causes the die to strike the planchet unevenly with one side (the clipped side) sinking deeper and forcing the other side to strike more shallow.

That's interesting. I have never heard about those. Are they ever worth money?

Hey Terry,

Thanks Daddydigger for the explination. i don't like typin that much. WOLF

Back
Top Bottom