Coin roll hunt with friends,

Treasure2some

Elite Member
9 cents up and 11 wheats out of a box.
6da1581badb6cee010b7b3ab465e693c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love CRH'ing! I was an addict from about 2009-2014 and went through just under $200,000 in coin. It took a group intervention from loving family to finally chase that roll hunting monkey off of my back. I sometimes miss 'the rush', but I take a deep breath, and the moment passes.

Congrats on your finds and good luck.

Love CRH'ing! I was an addict from about 2009-2014 and went through just under $200,000 in coin. It took a group intervention from loving family to finally chase that roll hunting monkey off of my back. I sometimes miss 'the rush', but I take a deep breath, and the moment passes.

Congrats on your finds and good luck.

Almost $200,000 in CRHing ? WOW ! :shock: :lol:

Not to tempt you back to that extreme level of a habit, but what would you say was your average find ratio per roll back then ? (1 "keeper" per roll ? 2 "keepers" per roll ? ect.)

Do you still check normal change you get when shopping with cash ? :lol:

Almost $200,000 in CRHing ? WOW ! :shock: :lol:

Not to tempt you back to that extreme level of a habit, but what would you say was your average find ratio per roll back then ? (1 "keeper" per roll ? 2 "keepers" per roll ? ect.)

Do you still check normal change you get when shopping with cash ? :lol:
I've been checking my change since a teen in the mid-1970s. I was a roll hunter since about 1978 and believe it or not, find more silver today then I did back then. A recession, 18% interest rates, and high unemployment caused many to try roll hunting, so lots of competition back in the late 70's.

I found over 1,000 silver dimes and probably 1,000+ silver halves, mostly 40% between '09 and '14, I didn't hit it as hard as many did. I used the same small bankroll to search and would dump probably once a week. My average was 1 silver dime per $150 searched, 1 silver quarter per $500, and maybe 1 or 2 40% halves per $100. At least a dozen or more solid silver rolls found. The secret to good finds is searching large volumes of coin at a time ( I had a half-dozen different bank accounts). I still check my change to this day.

Edit: not trying to hijack this thread, I just love roll hunting even though I haven't done it for awhile, I love to talk about it.

9 cents up and 11 wheats out of a box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 wheats is great, but what was meant by "out of a box" did you mean "out of a roll" or a "box of rolls" ? (I'm not up on all the CRH language :lol:)

I've been checking my change since a teen in the mid-1970s. I was a roll hunter since about 1978 and believe it or not, find more silver today then I did back then. A recession, 18% interest rates, and high unemployment caused many to try roll hunting, so lots of competition back in the late 70's.

I found over 1,000 silver dimes and probably 1,000+ silver halves, mostly 40% between '09 and '14, I didn't hit it as hard as many did. I used the same small bankroll to search and would dump probably once a week. My average was 1 silver dime per $150 searched, 1 silver quarter per $500, and maybe 1 or 2 40% halves per $100. At least a dozen or more solid silver rolls found. The secret to good finds is searching large volumes of coin at a time ( I had a half-dozen different bank accounts). I still check my change to this day.

Edit: not trying to hijack this thread, I just love roll hunting even though I haven't done it for awhile, I love to talk about it.

I agree, not trying to hijack the thread, it's just an interesting topic. :D

A half-dozen different bank accounts just for the purpose of CRHing ? :shock: ......you definitely were very serious about it :lol:

Bummer when you get a dime roll full of pennies. Believe me, they can be stuffed in there. And you're down $4.50.

11 out of a box.
We find the average to be 8 out of about 30 boxes.
Best find out of 30 boxes was s 31s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no Idea you guys were Roll Hunters! Must be a nice romantic evening together? Some soft music, a little wine maybe, sifting through rolls of pennies! Excellent!:laughing:

CRHing is good fun. Unfortunately over here in Australia you're probably not going to find any silvers, but I still do it to look for special edition and error coins.

Back
Top Bottom