My first gold coin. Super tiny! (Bought)

Barracuda

Forum Supporter
I found this thing at a antique store for a few bucks. It's a replica of a 50 peso

Any idea on value

14a304e7cb2935df10fff9613edab6ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this thing at a antique store for a few bucks. It's a replica of a 50 peso

Any idea on value

14a304e7cb2935df10fff9613edab6ef.jpg

Super tiny? 50 Pesos are HUUUGE!
One of my favorite gold coins, .900 fine and over 1.2 ozt in gold. Not sure the value of your replica, or it's metal content.

Super tiny? 50 Pesos are HUUUGE!

One of my favorite gold coins, .900 fine and over 1.2 ozt in gold. Not sure the value of your replica, or it's metal content.

This is smaller than a dime. Don't know much about it. I can't find why they would even make the tiny thing

I have found 2 gold coins including this but I don't count this one. It is a 2 Peso made into the setting of a K18/PT900 ring. The 1945 2 Peso was restruck at least once and maybe a few times so I'm pretty sure that it isn't an original coin. This coin is a little smaller than a dime also so I think a 50 Peso would be a lot bigger.

Sorry for all of the typos in my post. I am using my phone.

Last edited:
This is smaller than a dime. Don't know much about it. I can't find why they would even make the tiny thing

You'd have to test it for composition/purity. There are many copies on sites such as Alibaba selling for around $2-$5 for full size replicas. Could be anything from gold-plated brass to 14k 1/20 gf, to plated silver or who knows what.

I have found 2 gold coins including this but I don't count this one. It is a 2 Peso made into the setting of a K18/PT900 ring. The 1945 2 Peso was restruck at least once and maybe a few times so I'm pretty sure that it isn't an original coin. This coin is a little smaller than a dime also so I think a 50 Peso would be a lot bigger.

Sorry for all of the typos in my post. I am using my phone.
Yep, gold 50 peso is roughly the same size as a Morgan dollar. They are gigantic.

I don't like that it has "COPY" CAST into the coin itself. It sounds like it is about the same size as a 2 peso coin.

OP: Did you get this checked out yet?

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Pawaide

If it is really gold it might be good for bullion value. If not it is just junk.

if it's one of those 14k miniatures, $20 or so.

Back
Top Bottom