Explain your Username

exploregon: it's what we do. At least twice a year we travel around Oregon to find the most remote, uncommonly traveled places. Believe me, sometimes the roads out there are far from desirable but on the flip side, some of these places are amongst the most beautiful seen.

I drag raced Oldsmobiles for years and had four Cutlasses in my possession when a fellow racer said "you're a real oldsmobile junkie, huh?" It stuck and has been my username on lots of forums.

I'm known as Pennyfinder because when I met Bonesquat we detected a totlot and I came up with something like 25 pennies for that one hunt -- nothing else! So he called me Pennyfinder! It just stuck! :lol: I do a lot of "cherrypicking" too so "cherrypicker" is my handle on another forum that I seldom go to anymore -- one reason, I've forgotten my password and can't get in it. And besides I like this forum better.

At one time, I studied certain American Indian beliefs. The turtle holds special meaning to me, and a "wise man" gave me a turtle foot as a very special gift 22 years ago. I still have that turtle foot. My friend passed on years ago and out of respect for him and his wisdom, I use the name turtlefoot. It is also a constant reminder of many of the things he taught me.

Doug

Meaning

My name should have been Fred G Sanford. I forgot the G when picking my name. Fred G Sanford was a show on in the late 70's. I watched it when I was a kid. Fred G Sanford was a junk man . He collected stuff. I had to come up with something ,so this was it.

My name should have been Fred G Sanford. I forgot the G when picking my name. Fred G Sanford was a show on in the late 70's. I watched it when I was a kid. Fred G Sanford was a junk man . He collected stuff. I had to come up with something ,so this was it.

"I'm a come'n Martha" as he grabs his heart! Redd Fox was Fred, funny show!!

My name is Dennis but my granddaughters decided it was easier & more fun to call me Granpa DenDen. Who am I to argue with sweetness.

Don't forget his favorite adult beverage.

SAS016_LG1.jpg

I absolutely loved that tv show... Great Username! I had an Uncle who could have been Fred Sanford's twin.... made a living being a junkman.

My name is Bob McHugh and I was born in 1968. No great mystery. I use this handle everywhere because if I had more than one, I'd never remember it! :D

My name is Dennis but my granddaughters decided it was easier & more fun to call me Granpa DenDen. Who am I to argue with sweetness.

That is so close to what I called my own grandfather. I think the oldest granddaughter (no grandsons at all) tried to say grand dad and ended up saying DanDan -- so we all called him that. :yes:

I gave one of my really close friends that same nickname. I got him into detecting several years ago and he would always bring home his modern junk and clean it up. I'm talking pull tabs, shotgun shells, bottle caps, you name it. :lol: So I started calling him fred sanford and it stuck. Even his brother calls him that now.

Back
Top Bottom