Not a Heartbreaker?? I’d be Lyin’...

AirmetTango

Forum Supporter
Hit a curb strip again on Friday night, and didn’t dig much - about a half dozen bits of trash, an old rose bush tag, 26 cents in clad...and a honking heartbreaker! It was only about 3 inches down, and in the dark that yellow lion’s head and sparkling eyes sure looked the part enough to convince me that I had my first gold ring!! A property owner across the street was monitoring my progress - periodically asking if I’d gotten anything good yet, so I couldn’t resist showing it to him once I had dug it. He was more excited about it than I was - and I was pretty darned excited!!

Unfortunately, once I got it home and cleaned up, it was pretty clear that, at best, it’s electroplated. Oh well, maybe next time! I still think it’s a neat looking ring, and a fun find regardless :yes: Plus, the guy across the street was excited enough that he offered to let me hunt his property “anytime” - so it won me a new permission, too :cool:

Attachments

• 1F3ED4D9-2FEB-4A71-B4CE-B2A06007BED5.jpg
    1F3ED4D9-2FEB-4A71-B4CE-B2A06007BED5.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 357
  • 63113F25-F1C2-4F7F-87B4-107E6A2B0149.jpg
    63113F25-F1C2-4F7F-87B4-107E6A2B0149.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 358
  • D2ACEC50-C8AD-4BB8-A255-306ED5435C3F.jpg
    D2ACEC50-C8AD-4BB8-A255-306ED5435C3F.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 369
  • 13BC7BD3-E2AA-42D1-8540-F83ED3114FD5.jpg
    13BC7BD3-E2AA-42D1-8540-F83ED3114FD5.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 340
  • C3B3E209-3428-44D7-A56C-8C78D3AFF2FB.jpg
    C3B3E209-3428-44D7-A56C-8C78D3AFF2FB.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 345
Dang! That's a cool find......too bad it wasn't 18K! Pretty sweet you scored another permission too! Does the guy have an older house?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Neat ring anyway, before you got home, were you trying to word a catchy title for the thread? I do that sometimes. :D

Neat ring anyway, before you got home, were you trying to word a catchy title for the thread? I do that sometimes. :D
"I'd be lyin'" I get it now. Thanks:yes:
"Crouching Detectorist; Hidden Tiger" No, that's not right...
"King of the Bungle" No, that's stupid...
"Just can't hiiiide your lyin eyes" ugh, maybe...
"I tink I taw a puddy tat" I give up! Maybe something will come to me later.

Very cool! Happened to me with a big dangly vintage earring...

We'll each get a real one soon enough - just a matter of time...and lots of digging!

Cool find anyway!

Yep, I still like it - kinda unique even if it isn't gold :)

Dang! That's a cool find......too bad it wasn't 18K! Pretty sweet you scored another permission too! Does the guy have an older house?

Thanks Tundra - it had my heart pumping for sure! Would have been awesome as an 18K...with a couple emeralds for the eyes to boot!! Oh well :lol: Yep, it's definitely an older place, but it's actually his business too, so there isn't a lot of ground out front...mostly concrete/asphalt. The back has some good grassy areas though, so it'll be worth checking out for sure! I'll need to wait for awhile to hunt it - just too dry to risk leaving too many dead spots. We're officially in the heart of summer here with the usual dry spell - haven't had any rain in town for a couple weeks.

Well, the ring DID pay off, didn't it? ;)

Sure did - a new permission is a good consolation prize :yes:

Yep, I sure would have preferred a "ROAR"...settling for a cute "meow" :lol:

Guilty as charged! I gotta admit, I do that quite a bit! I probably annoyed folks with my "Portuguese Silver" teaser awhile back :lol: But for me it's part of the fun :grin:

"I'd be lyin'" I get it now. Thanks:yes:
"Crouching Detectorist; Hidden Tiger" No, that's not right...
"King of the Bungle" No, that's stupid...
"Just can't hiiiide your lyin eyes" ugh, maybe...
"I tink I taw a puddy tat" I give up! Maybe something will come to me later.

:laughing: :laughing:

"In the curbstrip, the mighty curbstrip..." Nope, that's just getting worse... :lol:

Neat find anyway and scored a new permission so that's a good hunt in my book, Congrats!

Thanks Ron! I certainly still like the ring - interesting design, and I'll never forget the sight of that lion head's eyes sparkling at me from inside that hole!! Looking forward to the new permission!

I didn't know there was a branch of House Lannister in Ohio.

"Hear Me Roar!!" :lol:

Wish it was legit!! I do appreciate that "dirt still in the ring" picture. Awesome.

Thanks, SW! I seriously debated leaving that dirt in the ring once I realized it wasn't the real deal - just looked so iconic that way!

Glad you got the permission , best of luck there . I found a huge gold plated necklace that broke my heart once .

Thanks, Soil Surgeon - the new permission will be interesting, I think. I've found a few silver plated items, but this was my first gold plated...heart sinker for sure!

Back
Top Bottom